Jump Customer

wtootle228

Does having the Jump program benefit people with credit issues? Most phones are still asking for a big down payment. I was told by a store associate that when you jump they don't pull a credit report. Thanks.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Jump Customer

T-Mobile only pulls your credit when you sign up as a postpaid customer (with no T-Mobile prepaid history*).

So, when you sign up with JUMP, your credit is pulled.

When you decide to upgrade through JUMP, your credit is not pulled again.  They use your last known information and history with T-Mobile.  Your down payments go down after a year of on time payments.  So, on the front side, there's no benefit for low credit folks, but after a year, you're treated the same as high credit folks, provided you pay on time.

* If you have a year of on time payments with T-Mobile Prepaid, you're supposed to be able to get a postpaid account with the "zero down" down payments.  I put "zero down" in quotes because the higher end devices still have down payments.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there!

Just wanted to check in to to see if you needed any more clarification. Keep us posted if you need help.

Thanks!

• wtootle228

Does this automatically happen or do I need to call in and set this up?