kolau808

My phone doesn't want to complete powering on. When I press the power button, the device goes all the way up until the Tmobile symbol shows then keeps rebooting. How do I fix this?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Why does my phone keep rebooting

Oh my! It sounds like your phone is definitely having some trouble here. This type of issue is either related to the physical hardware of the device or it could be that the software has become corrupt. Are you able to take out the battery and see if it is showing any signs of swelling or if the contacts are loose when it is inserted in the phone? Also, could you try taking out your SD card (if you have one) and then try powering it on? If the batter is fine and the phone still won’t power all the way on without the SD card, we will want to take a look at the software being corrupted as the issue. The first thing we could try is wiping the system cache which is more of a system refresh that could potentially clear out any corruptions. If the system cache wipe does not fix the issue, we may need to try and reset the phone to the factory settings. This reset, unlike the system cache wipe, will erase everything that is on your phone. Anything on your SD card or saved to your Google account will be backed up and you can restore it by logging back into your Google account. Before you do the factory reset, I would recommend that you log into your Google account on a computer to make sure all your contacts are backed up.

• tmo_chris

Re: Why does my phone keep rebooting

Just wanted to check in with you and see if any of my suggestions were helpful. Let us know