1 2 3 Previous Next

gear s2 update

theartiszan

I saw last month that Samsung has release an update for the Gear S2 that allows sleep tracking and some other newer features. Will T-Mobile also be getting this update for our devices?

All replies

• tmo_chris

1. Re: gear s2 update

Ahh man! I would love to have that functionality built in. I know for a fact that I don't sleep well at night haha. I'm going to reach out to our content team for the Gear S2 to see if we can get wearable devices added to our Software Updates page! Stay tuned!

• mdesch74

2. Re: gear s2 update

So is there any update on this? Will it show on the support page or do we know when the update will be available?

Thanks

• tmo_chris

3. Re: gear s2 update

We are looking into it here on our side Keep an eye on the software updates page for all the latest.

• 3rdpig

4. Re: gear s2 update

I'd like to add my voice to this, I really want the latest Gear S2 update!  And there's supposed to be another one later in the year that brings some of the Gear S3 features to the S2.  C'mon T-mobile, show us you can beat VZ to the Gear S2 update!

• shertek

5. Re: gear s2 update

I too would like to see the latest Gear S2 update. It's been out for a few months already! C'mon T-Mobile! Push that update!

• odwalker

6. Re: gear s2 update

I would also like to know where the update it. T Mobile always says it is good at getting updates out but this is slow. It is a freaking watch. how much spam can be added to that.

I came over to T Mobile from Sprint but I am really starting to think about going back. Yes there are a lot of things I like here but one of the things I was thinking that I would get by being here is fast updates and that does not seem to be one of them.

Yes I know someone will hit me for saying the word Sprint but you know I had great service with them and can a cell service just about everyplace. This has not been true with T Mobile or if I do have service it is so slow it's good for just about email only. Sad but true, I can't help it I travel a lot for work. The only thing that has saved me a few times is finding WIFI to hook into.

Come on T Mobile get off your butts and release the update already it's a WATCH.

• tmo_chris

7. Re: gear s2 update

Hey folks! I don't have any new information to share but trust me, I am with you! I have the S2 myself and would love to have this update. What I recommend that you all do is "Follow" this support article so you will be notified when any software changes come down the pipe for the S2.

• kevmo710

8. Re: gear s2 update

This is ridiculous! At least give the people a refund for not getting what they paid for

• theartiszan

9. Re: gear s2 update

tmo_chris you might also want to review the information that is posted and remove the lines saying it has support for Samsung pay which it currently does not.

• tmo_chris

10. Re: gear s2 update

Good catch! I am getting this to our content owner now.

• kevmo710

11. Re: gear s2 update

Looks like the Gear S2 for Verizon got the update

Screenshot_20160917-162927.png

• 3rdpig

12. Re: gear s2 update

Personally I'm getting tired of the ridiculously long wait for updates, both for phones and now watches.  This is one area where Apple has gotten it right.  And as much as I don't care for Apple or their products, as I sit here with phone and watch, both with long overdue updates and missing features, Apple isn't looking too bad.  I'm not picking on TMO here, but all the carriers are at fault.  If Apple can push updates directly to devices, there's no legit reason that Google and Samsung can't do the same thing.

• odwalker

13. Re: gear s2 update

Yes I had been using Nexus phones on Sprint and never had any issue with updates. I know my wifes Apple gets updated really fast.

This main issue is that the phone carriers like to dump their crap on the phones and that is why it takes so long. But as for a watch, That is a joke what type of stuff are they going to put on it. From my reading over at XDA it looks like the only one that has not released the update is TMO.

The bad thing is there is going to be one other big update latter this year to match the S2 with the S3 and at this rate it will take for every to get anything.

• tidbits

14. Re: gear s2 update

odwalker wrote:

Yes I had been using Nexus phones on Sprint and never had any issue with updates. I know my wifes Apple gets updated really fast.

This main issue is that the phone carriers like to dump their crap on the phones and that is why it takes so long. But as for a watch, That is a joke what type of stuff are they going to put on it. From my reading over at XDA it looks like the only one that has not released the update is TMO.

The bad thing is there is going to be one other big update latter this year to match the S2 with the S3 and at this rate it will take for every to get anything.

Manufacturers have admitted in more than on occasion carriers don't dump their crap as to why it takes so long.  Carriers give manufacturers the code in advance and it Sony AOSP project showed that carriers on average take only about a month on a bad day when they test the updates.  See HTC for example as in terms of speed and they have "carrier crap" on them.  How can they do it so fast if it really takes that long?  It doesn't... It's manufacturers delaying it on their own and refusing to put resources into it because it doesn't generate them revenue.

1 2 3 Previous Next