Wifi calling

lcsblackberry

Can anyone make WiFi calls on their BlackBerry Classic?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Wifi calling

Hey there!

Are you having issues making WiFi calls? The instructions can be found here https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30773https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30773

-Lauren

• lcsblackberry

I've done all that, Still doesn't work, heard the phone needs a software update!

• tmo_chris

We added Wi-Fi calling with the 10.3.2.2789 update that was released awhile back. What version are you currently running? If it is not the 2789, you can follow these steps to get updated

• lcsblackberry

I am running 10.3.2.2836, that looks like a later version than what you suggested, and I still can not make a wifi call.  Can you help?

Thanks Dana

• tmo_chris

I'm not actually seeing that version as one of the ones that we released. Where specifically did you receive this update from? Do you have the Wi-Fi calling icon on your home screen as listed in these steps?

• lcsblackberry

I had the wifi calling app on my phone, I deleted the app then tried to reinstall it, when I went to BlackBerry World the app was no longer available.  I still have the wifi calling icon at the top of my screen, it is subdued with a red ! point on top of it.  Is there any way to get the correct software for my phone?

Get Outlook for iOS

• tmo_chris

I think reinstalling the software is going to be our best bet here. You can check out these steps for information on how to download and use the BlackBerry Link software on your computer. This software will allow you to install the latest official software for your phone and should bring back that Wi-Fi calling icon. Let me know how it goes!

• lcsblackberry

I reinstalled the software, got the WiFi calling app back on the phone, same issues, getting an error on WiFi calling reg099, at the top of the screen WiFi calling symbol still subdued with red ! point...

I need to get this working, I travel a lot and there's lots of places I don't have cellular service but I do have wifi.

Dana

• tmo_chris

We are making progress The REG099 error is telling us that your phone is trying to connect to our Wi-Fi calling service so that is good. Let's try two more things here to see if we can't get this working here. First, check out this link so we can verify that you have your E911 address updated online. Second, please follow these steps to go into your Wi-Fi settings and "forget" the network you have been connecting to and then reconnect to it. After you have reconnected to the network, please turn off Wi-Fi altogether on your phone and leave it off for 1 minute. When you turn Wi-Fi back on, please follow these steps to ensure we are enabling Wi-Fi calling.

• lcsblackberry

Just completed all those steps, the second I turned on WiFi calling I got the Error message REG99 unable to connect...

Very frustrating, Dana

• tmo_chris

Well shucks! I think we may need to get our engineers involved for this one. If you are able to, you can call our tech support team with the number listed here. If calling is not an option, you can reach out to our social media team T-Force using the links in my signature. You can even link them to this thread so they can pick up where we left off.

• lcsblackberry

I need to get the OS10 that T-Mobile has shown works with their Wifi calling! Anyone have a link to the patch that will allow me to fix my phone?

• lcsblackberry

OK, this is to bad, but neither BlackBerry or T-Mobile are able to resolve my issue, I bought my phone from the BlackBerry store and T-Mobile dose not actually support that phone anymore.  When I originally signed up for T-Mobiles service they said they did, now they don't even offer the BlackBerry classic anymore.  (it's still the WiFi calling issue, T-Mobile just doesn't support it).  I'm going to have to switch carriers to get the full services from my phone,  I'm not switching or buying another $400 phone.  Sorry T-Mobile...

Dana

• tmo_marissa

Ouch lcsblackberry - I'm so sorry to read that last update.  I understand, though - if we can't support your needs, you have to do what's best for you; typically BB users have those devices for business needs, so I'd assume this compatibility is a pretty important Non T-Mo device request.    I'm glad you were able to get a final answer from our Tech team and BB, so that you're not still hunting.  If there are any other concerns we can address for you in this forum, please let us know!

- Marissa