Warranty Bogus Non-Return Fee

armykiller2010

Just before T-Mobile changed their warranty replacement process of having the device sent and sent back using the store of choice I had a Samsung Galaxy s 7 edge with issues. I had the device sent to the store address instead of my house. I work for a Retail store and have been for almost 6 years so I'm aware that you have 7 days to get the info transferred from the non working phone to the warranty phone. I sent the phone back in the provided box and label included with a shipment getting picked up by UPS in my store. 2 months later I'm being charged from t-mobile not receiving the non working phone. Any thoughts on how I can fight this??? I'm beyond words or ideas on how this could happen.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Warranty Bogus Non-Return Fee

Contact T-Force on Social Media: Contact Us

• tmo_mike_c

^^^ This is a very good suggestion. T-Force can open your account and help get this looked at further.

• magenta3822114

I have the same issue and I am being charged full price for an iPhone 6 ( old phone) also I have been double charged and they expect me to pay this! I want the phone back or a credit issue or I will cancel all 3 lines I have and I have been a cust for years

• magenta2907003

Very very very unhappy at the moment. I have been a customer of TMobile  for several years prior to my current plan. I have had my current plan and new number for several years too.  I started with this company when S4's 1st came out. I loved my original brand new S4.  Unfortunately I had to do a warranty exchange.  I received a refurbished S4. It was not the same as the original. On several different occasions I took it into the store and the employees made adjustments, new sim card, etc. I kept it for years putting up with it's malfunctions.  It got to where it was just causing more stress than it worked.  It was always dropping calls, shutting off at random, turning on at random, turning off during calls with a full battery. It got so bad that sometimes it would do this on/off thing in the middle of the night waking me up.  I decided a few months ago to turn it in and get another one. I find out I can not get another S4.  They no longer carry them. They will send me a refurbished S5. My refurbished S5 started having problems weeks into owning it. The battery lasted for a few days in the beginning then the battery only lasted half a day. This was a few months ago. I took it into the store and they told me to go to Batteries plus and get a new battery to see if this would fix it. Tmobile no longer even sells batteries for them.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do.

At the end of Feb 2018 I went through 2 traumatic life altering events.  Unfortunately through these traumas I forgot to turn in my warranty exchange phone by the deadline.  I was a few days late turning it in..  I took my old refurbished S4 phone to a store to turn it in and hopefully eliminate the possibility of it being lost in the mail. In the past my mail carrier delivered a package of mine to the wrong address. (his error, my loss). I did not want to chance my phone getting lost too so I took it to my local store to turn it in leaving it there.  The manager of the TMobile store called the company.  He explained to the person on the other end he had my old phone in his hand and had scanned the shipping label.  The person on the other end said there is nothing they could do.  They said I will still have to pay the late fee(non return fee). So even with me turning my old phone in directly to the store I was out of luck and would still have to pay a $429.00 late fee regardless!!!! Here's another kicker...Currently Tmobile has brand new LG phones for $200+.

I have talked to several employees on the phone.  The last person was in Puerto Rico.  He asked me to copy a text message he would send me.  I explained to him I was driving(in a funeral procession) and in my state it is illegal to text and drive. He said he would call me back. He never did.  So I paid the regular amount of my monthly service bill. I even went into the store to pay it directly. A few days later my phone(s) (family plan of 3) were shut off. My monthly payment was on time.   Did I say this is all because of a refurbished S4 that I took into the store?  They are very outdated. 

Being charged $429.00 for turning in a phone a few days late is insane 

Being charged $429.00 for a refurbished phone that is defective is insane. 

Being charged $429.00 for a refurbished phone that is defective and the company no longer sells is insane.

Being charged $429.00 for a refurbished phone that is defective and the company no longer sells and an updated brand new S5 can be bought online at Walmart for $99.00 UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

I just can't believe this. 

Totally unhappy with this situation.

I admit that what I was going through caused me to have a memory lapse.  I admit I was late turning in the phone.  To stick me with this inflated of an amount no matter what is just unfair. SO VERY VERY UNHAPPY.