georatm

The stock messaging app has been buggy as heck last month or so. It'll just freeze and lock up the phone temporarily. I've already done all basic troubleshooting steps but the problem still comes back. LG and Google need to get their stuff together. Messaging apps should not lag or freeze.

All replies

• snn_555

Re: Stock Messaging app buggy

Clear out all messages after backing up the ones you want to keep.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

Just wanted to see if snn_555 suggestion helped at all?

• georatm

The app still locks up and freezes, I downloaded Google messenger and all is better now. The stock LG messaging app is still unstable so I basically had no choice but to get Google messenger.

• tmo_chris

Hangouts is a solid messenger application that I also use myself! I do want you to have a choice though as well as a fully functional phone haha. The one other thing we can try is a simple system cache wipe. This will not erase any of your personal information as it is more of a "Spring cleaning" for your phone. If you have some time, check out these steps for info on how to do the system cache wipe.

• snn_555

You should also be able to try out Google Allo this month as well, though I'm hearing SMS is not supported.  Google may or may not phase out Messenger like they have Hangouts.  Regardless of the ap used, make sure to set a message limit or either clean out old threads from time to time to prevent lag.  Best to do this at night when charging, or not in use as this can take some time.