johntmobile

I've been a T-Mobile customer for several years now. I've also been a big fan of all of the Un-carrier moves until #12.

The articles I've read state that T-Mobile will be phasing out the rest of the plans and the T-MobileONE plan will replace them all. Can anyone verify if this is true?

Also can anyone comment on if you are already a customer on an old plan, can you keep it indefinitely and add lines to it in the future?

I currently have 3 lines with the default 2 Gb’s of data on all lines making the total $90 a month. In the upcoming years I plan to add two more lines which would bring my total to $110. I like that price, that’s why I switched to T-Mobile!

With the new plan for my same 3 lines I would pay (If I understand this correctly) $70 + $50 + $20 = $140. This is with auto pay; I believe it is $5/line more if you don’t have auto pay. So this is a $50 a month increase to what I pay today. This cost only goes up more as I add additional lines, like I plan to in the future.

If they are phasing out all of the other data plans and replacing it with this one, isn’t this basically just a price increase for everyone? This is just a simple way to increase ARPU?

I for one don’t really want unlimited data, just don’t need it. I use WiFi primarily. The point is T-Mobile is forcing unlimited data on everyone to increase prices and calling it an un-carrier move, well I don’t think so.

Also doesn’t this negate the prior Music Freedom and Binge On moves they made (Which were truly un-carrier)? With unlimited data, Music Freedom and Binge On don’t apply anymore.

I think T-Mobile is getting it wrong with this one, does anyone agree/disagree or see it differently?

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: What's Up With The "T-MobileONE" Plan?

My theory is that management decided that they needed a higher ARPU and that zero-rated streaming and Data Stash were costing too much on the lower bucket plans. For me, the 2G-speed tethering is a non-starter.  I'll hang onto what I have now (thank you very much) and advise others to do the same. If anyone is thinking of signing up, they might want to do it before the new rates go into effect.

• miket

It appears to me the rates are going up over 50%.  If you have 2 lines.  Now $80.  After 9/6  $120!!  Each additional line is doubling from $10 to $20!!  (I admit - $10 for a phone line is too cheap.)

TM never, in the past, forced existing users to "transition" (Mr. Legere's word) to a new, higher end plan for unwanted/needed services.

• smplyunprdctble

T-Mobile has always kept people grandfathered on plans if they wanted (although, the super-de-duper old plans were finally migrated to newer "equivalent" ones for less than a dollar difference for simplification).

I still have my grandfathered data plan from back in the day.  They have no plans on touching that (to my knowledge).  They're not like AT&T and Verizon who threaten their grandfathered customers to get a current plan or else

The complicated part is if you have a plan now and want to add on to it when the plan no longer exists.  I've HEARD you can do that, but you may have to go through certain channels (a lot of times, stores won't help you out because their interest is to put you on a new plan). 

• isisdave

The new One plan is a stinker if you sip data, rather than require a firehose.  We have two lines with 2Gb, $80 per month. I need about 1Gb on one, and 0.2 on the other, and to be honest, 2G would be fast enough  I know I can keep these, at least for now, but the cost for similar service will soon be $120.

I do love the "Mexico and Canada included" and the Global coverage. But if my price goes up, I'll be looking for a cheaper solution.

• johntmobile

Exactly, especially if you are not able to add lines on the current grandfathered plans it will be time to look elsewhere.

I remember when Verizon and AT&T initially had $30 unlimited data plans. Verizon was first to say unlimited data is not sustainable and started to tier. $30 only got you 2Gb and so on. AT&T was soon to follow with tiered data.

Well it turns out unlimited data is sustainable as long as the price is right and T-Mobile has made it mandatory for everyone! This is anything but an un-carrier move, in the short term revenue may go up along with churn, but credibility as an un-carrier will definetly go down..

Seems like a lot of the prior un-carrier moves like Data Stash, Music Freedom, and Binge On were just a means to the ultimate goal of  increased ARPU.

• stevetjr

johntmobile wrote:

I've been a T-Mobile customer for several years now. I've also been a big fan of all of the Un-carrier moves until #12.

The articles I've read state that T-Mobile will be phasing out the rest of the plans and the T-MobileONE plan will replace them all. Can anyone verify if this is true?

Also can anyone comment on if you are already a customer on an old plan, can you keep it indefinitely and add lines to it in the future?

Yes from the article and from what I got from his live FB chat the plan is to "eventually" phase out the other Simple Choice plans.  With that being said and mentioned by others T-Mobile has always "grandfathered" and as always doesn't make the announcements effective immediately or the next day like the other carriers do so you have a chance to make changes to lock yourself in, that's what I did when they announced the 2x100 deal was ending and gave everyone about a 1 week and half notice. It can be problematic to add or change a grandfathered plan since technically the plan doesn't exist anymore but also as mentioned some have had limited success by going thru various upper channels but wouldn't count on it. Verizon used phone upgrades to get people off their unlimited plans and wouldn't let you upgrade unless you got a new plan.

AT&T just announce a rate hike so while looking elsewhere may be an option I doubt even with this it will be cheaper for everything you get.  I do agree they need a lower level TOne plan but how do you do that with still leaving everything unlimited. I can see both sides and the with the reasoning that with BingeOn and Music Freedom that everyone using them essentially had unlimited but with the price point they came out with think they could have done a bit better.

If you look at it current single line unlimited is $95 versus TOne $70 + $25 (HD Video) so the same with the difference being tethering which goes from limited LTE to unlimited 2G (not a good trade IMHO).  I think they could have done the same thing and while yes maybe adding a couple bucks to the plan but have like 3 TOne plans like TOne Magenta = current unlimited, TOne Gold = the new plan but say some amount of LTE Tether and TOne the new plan but with the pricing of the magenta plan closer to the new numbers (with maybe a slightly higher amount for extra lines) and then slightly less for each plan after that.

I like the thought of Un-Carrier 12 just not sure they thought it out as well as they should have, especially since it is a major $$ leap from their current lower plans. I would assume though just like Simple Choice has been that this will be the "base" plan but they will offer specials and deals like the 2x100, 3 lines 4th free and etc.

• johntmobile

It's no secret that the churn rate across the industry has been stabilizing. T-Mobile has been adding over a million subscribers over the past 12 or so quarters. I believe this is or will start to slow down, so they need to increase revenue by increasing the price for new customers and by converting existing customers to the new plan.

There is no doubt T-Mobile did change the industry, but in pursuit of increasing revenue now it seems they are forgetting the "Simple Choice" plan along with all of the other pain points they eliminated and un-carrier moves they made over the past several years is what has brought them to the #3 carrier position.

Data is the current premium service for all the carriers, voice and text are a commodity. One possibility is this new plan is just a step closer in commoditizing data. As you mention to compete for new customers now they will have to offer deals on the base plan. Which means other carriers will do the same.

Sprint has already announced $60 for unlimited everything. At least I can thank T-Mobile for getting rid of contracts in the industry so we can choose to leave whenever a better deal comes along. Hopefully when it comes time to add lines to my plan it will be possible. If not I will be forced to evaluate my options.

• stevetjr

I just watched the video on FB with John Legere, Mike Sievert and Neville

Ray and it does sort of get into how they arrived at this and while it

makes sense I still think they could have tweaked it a bit better.

They clearly based numbers on a family of 4 to where it comes out at $40

per line unlimited everything. They noted that only 1% of there current

customers have turned Binge On off. So as they mentioned that for a single

line unlimited which is currently $95 99% of there customers will get a $25

discount since that is now $70 but for the 1% that want HD the price is the

same. Of course the tethering is still a loss although it does go from 14GB

of LTE to now unlimited I still see that as a negative but I am sure they

have numbers on how many people tether. They also pointed out that most

people are tethering tablets which for  $20 you can add a tablet to any

phone plan and that is unlimited LTE data. Again I see the logic but don't

totally agree with it.

They mentioned Binge On and to some extent music Freedom were tests and

this is something they have been working towards for 2 to 3 years which was

to get to 1 plan.

They did also point out that the current Simple Choice plans won't

immediately go away on September 6th either but rather over time, hopefully

if this new plan doesn't go well they will make the appropriate tweaks to

make it better. I like the idea and direction just needs a bit more polish

IMHO.

• tidbits

The only reason I have BingeOn is because of the free movie rentals. I bet a lot of users do the same.

• stevetjr

True, and while most don't really notice a difference of SD versus HD on a

5 inch screen I do, especially because the Samsung Galaxy has such a good

screen capable of that kind of resolution even on a small screen.

I do believe that's why they aren't getting rid of the Simple Choice plans

right away, gives them some time to see how the first iteration of T-Mobile

One goes and they can tinker with it if need be without removing the plans

they know work.

• tidbits

I just wanted the free rentals is why I did it. Don't really care for HD or not personally. I guess because I grew up in the era of VGA and lower resolution it doesn't bother me seeing a few pixels especially when I am given $31 and some change for rentals or purchasing movies.

The new offering is somewhat of a lateral move. Just less tethering in my eyes.

• johntmobile

They are using an the example for the current unlimited customer base. My guess is the current number of single unlimited customers is far less than all the rest. This is a savings for a very small percentage and an increase for most. It is about increasing revenue across the board on average. I agree, as you mention time will tell. I predict the next few quarters they will not get as many new customers, but that's ok if the customers they get pay more. They are at the point in their network speed and coverage where they feel they are closer to being able to compete on price with the duopoly, hopefully it doesn't turn into a triopoly. With one plan there will not be much more they can do in terms of un-carrier moves other than compete for customers with pricing.

• weezyrider

I'm one of those who turned off Binge On. I have no interest in movies or streamed music. I do want my internet for nature research,etc.  Or getting the right article in the store.

We have a Roku, and I subscribe to MLB so I got At Bat from them. My tablet, where At Bat lives is wifi only.

The other half likes his flip phone, and the third line will be held for kid when she comes Stateside.

No, I'm not one customer that spends a lot, but I do pay my bills on time and have done so for 9 years.

• weezyrider

I also have not participated in the giveaways. I am not a fan of this type of promotion.

I've ignored that whole dratted page.

I also resent autopay. I haven't missed in 9 years.

I read all the nonsense in the TMO News and was rather upset to see that someone thought it had something to do with an iPhone offer. If that is true, why should I pay for someone else's desire, and convenience. If they want it, they pay for it.

I bring my own phones as I want simplicity. I do not want tracking, ads, and there is no place to put them on the phone. I don't do any social networks. Everything that could do that has either been deleted or disabled on the phone. I have not taken advantage of TMobile and am a tad insulted.

• tmo_lauren

From what I have been seeing internally, there aren't any plans to force a migration.

I've sent out some feelers to see what making changes/adding features or lines to a grandfathered plan will be like, but haven't gotten a lot of info. It seems they really didn't want this to leak, so there isn't a lot of content quite yet, but I expect there to be more and more soon.

-Lauren

• pgrey

Does this mean if we're thinking of coming back, and need tethering (I typically use 5-12GB during winter months, traveling and using laptop/tablet for work), the only option is to come back immediately, and get one of the current (seen to be grandfathered) plans?

• stevetjr

Yes and no.  Yes if you want it included in what one of the current plans is.  On the T-Mobile One plan you can purchase tethered data in 5GB increments or just add for instance a tablet for $20 per month with unlimited (although the tablet would have to support cellular).

They did say the original Simple Choice plans wouldn't immediately disappear on September 6th but did say they will be phased out at some point so is that weeks, months who knows.

• snn_555

Since I use all of 1-1.5GB of a 2GB plan for $50 and still get Music Freedom, and 480 BingeOn, though it is not zero-data, the $20 increase does me no good.  I am a single line plan though, but $70 beats VZW's $100+ that used to be around.

• pgrey

Yeah, that 5GB increments thing would get prohibitive, fast.  Maybe, itemized over the year, it would make sense, but to be paying sky-high bills all winter, it would be tough to convince myself that it'd be okay, in the summer.

Plus, if we took trip(s) during the summer much, we'd have to add data there too, or face the 128kb (that's barely above 56k modem speeds, and I bet 128 is "perfect", not the average) barrier, which would almost make doing work on a laptop or tablet un-doable.

I hope that the push-back will be the deal, that it'll "quietly die" as mentioned, and there are still options, if I decide to switch back (I was currently looking at around Nov-Dec timeframe).

I guess there's always Fi, since that gives you TMo anyway, plus the partner carriers at no additional.

• snn_555

Fi is good for the low data users.  $20 for the line and $10 per GB....5GB and you're back at the cost for a single ONE line. (Plus Nexus payment monthly) No Music Freedom or BingeOn.

• drnewcomb2

My wife's Project Fi account hasn't topped $32/mo (not including taxes and fees) in the 9 months we've had it. Of course, she is using a lot of WiFi and has a number of data optimizations turned on but it pretty well sets the price range we're willing to pay for service. She could go $70 from time to time and we'd still be ahead.

• snn_555

I thought about Fi between my Verizon to T-Mo switch months back.  Music Freedom was what sold me on T-Mo service, but I have found myself using an old Sansa Fuze MP3 player linked into my truck's XM module via AUX cable.  It holds 20GBs of music, which is plenty.  (and with no ads)  This works better due to the preamp level on the player for much better sound through upgraded stereo hardware.  If I want to hear new music I will do so from my home WiFi on a desktop, or phone.

All that to say:  I don't really take advantage of Music Freedom anymore.  So, Fi might be a viable option for me. In fact, I'd probably save $10 or so a month.  I'd save $6 on the Nexus 5X and the 6X would be the same as I pay for my G4 now.  But at this point, I'd wait to see what the new Nexus phones cost and the availability.

Also have to take into account that my G4 is worth...not a whole lot anymore resell value-wise.  So, that'd be a loss of $200-300. 

I think I just convinced myself to stay on the $50 2GB Simple Choice plan.

• weezyrider

I for one don't want and won't use Fi. I hate Google for all the marketing it wants to do. Google is almost eliminated from my phone. All I need is Play Store.

• miket

I would like a moderator to explain what is going on.

2 conflicting announcements have been made.

====

UPDATE: Here’s a statement from T-Mobile COO Mike Sievert regarding T-Mo’s current Simple Choice plans:

“We’ll begin to phase them out right away on Sept. 6 when T-Mobile One launches. We haven’t announced an end date for each of the plans, there will be a time period while we get our customers and our team transitioned, but we will begin phasing Simple Choice out on Sept. 6 when this plan launches. And some of the plans will remain for a short time thereafter.”

UPDATE 2: T-Mobile CMO Andrew Sherrard says that the 2GB/$50 and 6GB/$65 Simple Choice plans will stick around and that T-Mobile One will only be replacing the current $95 unlimited plan. “We’ll still have the rest of the Simple Choice lineup, you can still go buy that $50 plan,” he told PCMag.

=====

IF #1 takes place, my rates (4 lines) would go from $100 (50+30+10+10)  to $70+50+20+20 = $160!

That's more than a 50% increase!  Actually, I can see raising the $10 charge a smaller amount for the extra lines.

• snn_555

That means:   Phasing out the availability of the plan to be chosen by current customers if they change plans then decide to come back and new customers won't see the plans currently offered.  The plan will not be phased out for those who are already on it.

• johntmobile

Right. Also from the site promoting the new plan. The question becomes will you be able to change these existing plans in the future (add or remove lines) or will you be forced at that time to switch?

"We think you will want to switch when you see all the benefits, however if you’re an existing T‑Mobile customer you can keep your existing plan as long as you want. No problem."

• snn_555

No, if you change plans you can only option for what is available.  Adding lines or changing plans is subject to the new plan offered.  You cannot change to a plan that is no longer offered.

• johntmobile

I think adding lines to the grandfathered plans may still be an open question, they might allow it for some time instead of forcing people to a way more expensive plan just because they want to add a line. This would result in losing customers because of the price increase. Many people could care less to have unlimited data, so why force it on them. Now if it was a marginal increase like when unlimited voice and texting was introduced it might be more agreeable. In my case it would be a 60% increase for services I don't want at this time for that price. There is a lot of competition between the carriers and one of them will always offer better deals for individual needs.

• weezyrider

“We’ll begin to phase them out right away on Sept. 6 when T-Mobile One launches. We haven’t announced an end date for each of the plans, there will be a time period while we get our customers and our team transitioned, but we will begin phasing Simple Choice out on Sept. 6 when this plan launches. And some of the plans will remain for a short time thereafter.”

and this BS. There are some of us who don't mind 1.5mbs internet since all we want is to use web sites for information.

I for one don't give a GD about the current movie, hottest video or newest song. I have deleted YouTube from the phone.

The few videos I do have, I got from the computer and transferred via Linux and USB. The same with music. My player in the car uses USB. I had to disconnect the other junk from my other half's car as he uses a TMO flip phone, doesn't want to hear anything about the internet on his phone. It's for calls only, unless the kid or I text him.

I think I have 2G of data on my line, I don't need more. If I want to stream anything, I'll use my ISP and my ROKU.

Except for baseball and golf, there isn't much in sports, either. I subscribe to MLB for the Roku, so At Bat was free.

Did NOT get that from TMO. The tablet I use to watch it, is wifi only.

I am extremely happy with this plan and am tired of the pigs who want more, more, more without paying for it.

Unless we are heading the way of "bread and circuses" Entertain us so we don't have to think!

If I want more, I'll ask, and if it's too costly, do without.

There's a lot of Joe Average put into the middle of this argument with no clear solution for them. I guess we aren't important enough compared to the pigs.

I've had at least 3 lines for almost eight or nine years and have had no complaint.

• tmo_lauren

Okay! Now that we are a few days in, I have some answers for those of you worried about your current plans, I am going to C&P the talking point:

• Existing Simple Choice customers can keep their current rate plans as long as they want and we will never raise prices or take features away from them. That is our Un-contract commitment

They colored it in red since it was important. So if you are on your current plan, you aren't going to lose it. If you make changes for features still available, you will still get to keep it. For adding a line:

• You are welcome to add a line to your account for any data package less than Unlimited. If you want to add a line with Unlimited data, you will need to switch to T-Mobile One

Hopefully that helps answer some of your questions and puts to bed some of the concerns you are having. Feel free to tag me if you have additional questions and I'll help however I can.

-Lauren

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                                    • drnewcomb2

Of course, nothing is said about Select Choice customers (T-Mobile's most loyal customers).

• miket

Lauren -

Thanks for the response. 

Bottom line is -- we old customers can keep what we have.  NEW customers will be paying up to 50%+ more, depending on how many lines they have.  (I'm talking about customers on the basic plan.)

We've always had basic plans.  Seems to me before JL came on the scene, we were paying about $150/mo.  500Mb of data.

Since then, rates dropped, got intl. roaming incl, (really helped convenience wise)  data allowance went up to 1Gb, then 2Gb,

If we were coming in as new customers now, would be paying what we were 3 years ago. 

Question (if you are permitted to answer)  what percentage of customers are on the basic plan (2Gb)?

And finally - just wanted to remind people that when cellular first came on the scene -- We paid $45/mo (no minutes incl.)  45 cents/min day time  20 at night.  No such thing as text or data.  Roaming outside your immediate home area was expensive. 

Now there is no such thing as a "long distance call" - unless you are still on an old fashioned land line.

• tmo_lauren

Bottom line is yeah, old customers can keep what they have. If new customers were to want a plan that mirrors yours, they would pay more. If they don't need the tethering and are okay with the Binge On style streaming and other changes, they'll pay less.

As for your question on the 2GB plans, I am not sure! I can try and see if that info is available at my level anywhere.

I think compressed data is really going to become the new norm, while I don't have the foggiest idea of the 2G plan users, I do know a large number of customers happily participate in Binge On and I sort of foresee all carriers going a similar direction where HD is optional but not standard. Again, that's purely speculation, not based off anything fancy.

But you have a good perspective, overall. Wireless is such a young industry in the scheme of things, it's still growing and changing and the balance is being found between network, cost, features, and what's best for all parties.

Again, if anyone else has questions, don't  hesitate to tag me! I'll still be keeping an eye over here.

-Lauren

• weezyrider

So far I haven't been chased or dissuaded from what I have, but I do have one very strange question.

My plan is eligible for Binge On and other goodies. I am not interested in either Binge On or the Goodies. I simply don't have any use for any of it. I do not shop in the town where I live. I don't like movies or the new streaming music services.

I have At Bat, but I subscribe to MLB on a Roku. At Bat is free. I use it on a wifi only tablet.

I am getting notices is my text from 456 about starting to select goodies, but they still can't get me a paid receipt for a bill!

How about a swap? You keep Binge On and Goodies and send me a text when I pay the bill!

• tidbits

You should be able to turn that on.  I always get a text when the bill is paid.

• weezyrider

I don't have a TMobile phone or the app. I have an unlocked Moto XPRE. Phone works just fine. If I can get texts that bill is ready, a pesty texts to use the Tuesday nonsense, then I should be able to get a notice of a paid bill. TMO CAN communicate with my phone. It looks like it chooses not to.

You are  not collecting a marketing database, I hope.

This has been going on since November of 2015. You will find complaints over in billing about this.

BTW - I had the TMO app, and it did nothing about not getting the "paid" receipt so I deleted it. I use Linux on a desktop to pay bills.

• snn_555

From within the My T-Mobile app you can turn off personalized notifications.  From the web, you can turn off advertisements as well within your account settings.

• weezyrider

No thanks, I'll use the computer.

I have everything stripped from the phone. 95% of Google and all of Moto, Why would I want to add anything? All notifications except call and text are banned. 95% of permissions that use contacts and phone are not allowed. I don't get any ads now. Why put something on the phone that wants them even if I can ban them?

I don't need notices appearing when I'm trying to identify a bird or flower, and having the notice appear when using the camera.

I love my reference apps and the phone is full of them. Most of my apps are paid. Those apps do not use ads. I do not do social media on the phone - no FB, no Twitter, No Hangouts. I join forums rather than socialize.

• tidbits

There's a check box you can check to get notifications which is separate from the advertisement. You can even turn the advertisement text off. Too bad I already paid my bill and deleted the text chain.

• weezyrider

Read the above. I don't allow apps that put ads out on the phone.I do not allow apps that want information and call home if I can avoid it. My apps are all reference and pay for. I don't download freebies.I have no social apps that use ads. All those deleted. I prefer fora on the computer.

I do not shop locally if I can avoid it. I dislike where I live.

I had the stupid TMO app for a month. Since I am running Marshmallow, all permissions were denied. It did nothing.

Deleted it.

• tidbits

You can do it on the computer...  You don't need the app installed to do it.

You said you wanted to get text messages every time you paid your bill, and I am telling you it's in MyT-Mobile where you can turn it on and off.  I never said anything about installing apps. I also pointed out you can turn off advertisements using the same means, and nothing more.

https://my.t-mobile.com/

• snn_555

As Tidbits and I have both stated:  Go to My T-mobile, click on profile, click on Privacy and Notifications.

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

• pgrey

That's pretty slick, nice of TMo to offer the setting
                                                                                                          I'm back on AT&T now (but thinking about TMo again, if they'd just fill the US97 "gap" in Cen. WA, with other than "domestic roaming" @200MB, I'd be really considering).

Since I started working the forums, this is is constant gripe, not being able to disable the warning, although there's at least as many griping about getting the warning too late, when they already exceed limits.  Choice is good, you can choose to manage your data, or get warnings, cool stuff.

Oh yeah, there's also the throttled tethering (how I use about 80-90% of my data, when traveling with my laptop and tablet), which would also prevent me from moving back.  TMo seems to be responding to this, bit-by-bit, up from 128-512, but now they have that deal where you have to pay more for un-throttled tethering, that part's not so cool.  I'm fine with limited tethering data (I think my old TMo limit was 14GB), at speed, but not purely throttled, or high-cost-per-line "Plus" plans.

• weezyrider

I did and I do have texts selected for paid bill notification.  Set it up that way and never changed it. TMO is ignoring it.

That nice yellow line in your illustration is exactly where I have it checked.

• tmo_lauren

Hmm. If your settings aren't being recognized, it's definitely not an intentional act.

If you can, is suggest ranching out to a rep directly and having a ticket filed so your profile can be looked into further.

Sorry about that.

-Lauren

• tmo_lauren

...rather than edit that post above, I'm leaving my typo ranching. I don't even know how I managed that, this is what happens when I take time off.

*reaching

• weezyrider

I've called 611, and I went to the local TMO store. Agent couldn't figure out why, either. He had to call TMO to find out.

Apparently there is some kind of glitch between billing and my phone. He got it downloadable, but it quit again.

This started last year when you changed accounts over. Everything was fine on my Nexus 4, unlocked and rooted. Things worked just fine on an Oppo Find7 until the switch. Since then, nothing. Now I have an unlocked Moto XPRE.

TMO can tell me how much data has accrued, offer me stuff I don't want, tell me when bill is ready, so what's the problem? Since the phone has received one paid notice, it isn't the phone.

I hope the paid notices aren't going to the wrong person.

I've called 611 several times with no paid notices appearing

• tmo_lauren

While I can't speak in definites, I have never in my tenure seen those paid notices go to the wrong person, so I think the likelihood of that is slim to none, which is good.

I'm curious if filing a ticket to engineering would help. Do you know if they have filed any trouble ticket/help desk tickets for the issue?

-Lauren

• weezyrider

I have no idea who the agent called. It took him well over 1/2 hour to get this resolved and he's the one that said TMO seemed to have a glitch between billing and my phone. This must have been in late June, early July.

If you call 611, you take whatever advice the rep gives you.

This is the address of the store I used.

http://www.t-mobile.com/store/cell-phone-colorado_springs-co-2426.html

• weezyrider

tmo_lauren

While I can't speak in definites, I have never in my tenure seen those paid notices go to the wrong person, so I think the likelihood of that is slim to none, which is good.

I'm curious if filing a ticket to engineering would help. Do you know if they have filed any trouble ticket/help desk tickets for the issue?

-Lauren

Sent reply..

What's going on with Select Choice family plans? I still don't want a switch and don't really need extra data?

• tmo_lauren

So long as you don't make any changes to your current plan, you'll get to keep it no matter what it is! If you don't want to switch, you won't have to.

And I totally get your comment about the just taking the reps advice at face value. I would say you may want to contact a representative again, maybe T-Force, and see about a ticket being filed.

-Lauren

• weezyrider

What do you mean by change?

I have no intention of adding another line or any more data unless needed once a year, but if my husband breaks his flip phone, I'll have to adjust to what he wants.

I added extra data and international to the 649 line this summer as daughter came over from UK and husband had to work. They were here for 11 days.

I really don't do movies and musical entertainment. I mostly text and mms, and use the internet for reference. I also will read on the phone. I changed phone into a PDA. I do need data, just not that much. My daughter does do FB and Instagram so the extra data should and did cover her needs. But she's here once a year.

How do you get to T Force? I will not give FB any info, same goes for Twitter and Google.

• tmo_lauren

Changes are basically any changes to the plan, so you can keep what your currently have and swap phones as often as you'd like so long as they don't impact the plan, but if you want to add features or add lines, it may not be possible on your plan. That does mean adding data to your husbands phone if he goes from a flip to smart may not be possible, etc. It's not say for sure it won't be possible, but we can't guarantee those changes will be available, it depends on what the system is still housing. That said, your plan is guaranteed as is for as long as you have it.

T-Force is only available through social media, but over the phone they can file a ticket as well, my only suggestion for T-Force was because you could just link them the thread and save some explaining.

-Lauren

• weezyrider

My husband doesn't want data, no way, no how. He doesn't want to be bothered, which is why he has a flip. (I think some data was included for his flip) If TMO drops flip phones, we'd be stuck. The other phone is a Nexus 4 and I think there's 500m of data? That's okay until she comes stateside. I'll be looking for a new phone for her which does do TMO's current bands, The Nexus 4 doesn't.

Since her SIM is now activated, I should be able to ship the phone to the UK.

It used to be you had a choice about not having any data if you bought your phone outright or brought your own. I didn't bother for years.

I can't really use social media. They track, and I have never used my real name. I'm not giving it to them now, as the info would wind up on the Help site.

Where do you find the number for T force? I don't see a number under "contact us"

• kevinmcmurtrie

Just came back shocked from a T-Mo store.  Adding my wife's phone would force me to the new  "ONE" plan that is $120/month with crippled video or $170/month without crippled video.  How is that not the worst deal of any major carrier?

Yes, I did notice when Binge-On was activated on my Simple Choice plan.  All videos that needed more than 1.5Mbps stopped working.  I would have dropped T-Mobile that afternoon if it couldn't be switched back off.