Softbricked my Coolpad Rogue 3320a

apatheticeuphoria

No access to adb...(Never enabled USB debugging/Tried and it doesn't connect)

Factory reset results in the phone hanging indefinitely at the T-Mobile logo screen.

BUT...Fastboot works. =) So there's that.

My only options to fix are:

1. Finding someone with a 3320a who is willing to dump their system.IMG and upload it for me, so I can fastboot flash the working system.IMG over my corrupted one.

2. Waiting for stock ROM to be released.

Someone please be Kind/Knowledgeable enough to help.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Unfortunately, you're in the wrong forums for that.  T-Mobile Support Community does not support rooted devices (which is most likely what you were doing when you softbrick something)

There's probably other sites out there that will have a copy of the image.  Xda is probably the site I'd recommend looking at.

• apatheticeuphoria

Who said anything about root? Not me. =) Not here. =)

You don't need a rooted device to brick,just a bad app. And you dont need root to dump a sysyem.IMG via adb. Just USB Debugging.

• smplyunprdctble

Apps don't have access to the system partition to brick anything.

If it was a bad app, a factory reset would have resolved you.  Your comments infer a FR didn't.

Either way, trying to restore an image (no matter how you got it) to a device is something that isn't supported by T-Mobile.  So, T-Mobile cannot / will not provide you with a factory image.  You'll still have to go through other channels.

• apatheticeuphoria

"Apps don't have access to the system partition to brick anything."

Pretty sure System apps do. And system apps can be updated from any source via sideload,therefore,i can achieve brick,without root.

"trying to restore an image to a device is something that isn't supported by T-Mobile."

So you guys don't support helping people fix their phone. I see.

"T-Mobile cannot / will not provide you with a factory image."

Actually,If you ever want users to be able to apply an update to their device,which they can install offline from a computer,or via recovery menu,T-Mobile can,and will release that image. I'll be waiting.

Thanks Anyways.ill wait for XDA I suppose.

• smplyunprdctble

T-Mobile only supports update methods in their docs.  Sideloading isn't in their list of supported methods (mostly because getting adb to work can be a pain in the neck, and, as you've learned, applying an update incorrectly can cause problems.  Most folks aren't command-line savvy).  OTA is the method they support.  If the device has a desktop interface (like most Samsung devices do) that will install the OS, they support that.  But, I will tell you adb is not supported.

I'm not T-Mobile, just a customer like you.  But, T-Mobile (folks who have tmo_ at the start of their username) will most likely inform you the same.

If your device is still under warranty, you're welcome to contact the manufacturer to see what options they have for releasing an image to you.  T-Mobile has never provided a factory image for any of their devices.  Any factory images I've gotten has had to come from xda, or in the case of my Nexus devices, Google directly.  Nothing was ever provided by T-Mobile.

• apatheticeuphoria

"If the device has a desktop interface (like most Samsung devices do) that will install the OS, they support that."

Interested in more info about this for Coolpad Rogue.

"T-Mobile has never provided a factory image for any of their devices. Nothing was ever provided by T-Mobile."

Ill have to check,but if thats true its very unfortunate.

Anyways...In light of this new information. Thankyou for the words of wisdom. I appreciate your time and effort talking with me about this. =) I will continue my search for the image elsewhere.

• smplyunprdctble

apatheticeuphoria wrote:

"If the device has a desktop interface (like most Samsung devices do) that will install the OS, they support that."

Interested in more info about this for Coolpad Rogue.

Probably doesn't exist.  Samsung has Kies that does things like this.  I haven't heard anything about it for LG.  If it exists, it's in your user manual.