Will the htc 10 still be supported?

sacatak

Just wondering if the htc 10 will still be supported since it's been pulled from the shelves to make room for more galaxies. Just bought last week and I need to know if it needs returned inside the 14 day window

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Will the htc 10 still be supported?

That's up to HTC. It will be supported. Manufacturers makes the updates not the carrier.

• tidbits

I was just pointing out they are the same, and unlike devices before.  HTC has been good with Flashing the STOCK roms from the unlocked model which will work on ALL 10's. You could take it to ANY carrier and flash their stock rom on the 10 and no problem it works.

I am telling you manufacturers support the devices and carriers only test.  T-Mobile can not tell you what manufacturers are thinking or planning.  HTC will push Android N as much as they did with the same arguments of Marshmallow back in the day.

You can send it back, but I think you are kneejerk reacting to the situation.

• sacatak

They can tell you if they intend to take the time doing the tests they receive but right on, I did not know you could take it somewhere to get flashed on .I do it at best buy with my note 5 but that's Samsung .Thank you, dude .I'll hold onto it, there's nothing about it iIdon't like and nothing else to really get at the moment .

• tidbits

I do have an HTC 10.  All of them are the same. Only the preinstalled carrier software is what is different.  You can S-Off and flash ANY of the factory roms and be used on that respective carrier aside from Sprint(they need the IMEI in the system, and they don't always import the IMEI).  HTC did the SMART thing and I wish other carriers followed this.  Samsung is starting to do the same as well.

• tidbits

There hasn't been a time in history where T-Mobile has not tested an update that was submitted to them.  I don't they intend to change that any time soon.  I have done a lot of testing for various carriers, and manufacturers(closed beta testing), and I have yet to see T-Mobile not push one in the past 6 years.

Disclosure:  I do not work for any carrier or manufacturer.  My job does revolve around electronics, and mobile devices.  We are part of any an all beta programs to ensure we can update our software in a timely manner for various companies that contract us.