Bluetooth connection after software update

yvonnes1

Since the last software update my Bluetooth will not stay connected. I can delete the Bluetooth from the phone and search for it but it will not pair. I have to turn the phone off and back on in order for it to connect. This happened several times a day.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Bluetooth connection after software update

Is this happening with just one specific device? If possible, can you test another Bluetooth device to see if the same thing happens?

• mddillon

I'm experiencing the same bluetooth connection issue with my Galaxy Grand Prime after the recent software update.  This is happening on both of my Jeep's Uconnect systems.  Under the old software, I never had any issues connecting to either car, but now it may connect for a couple of days and then stop connecting until I reboot the phone.  Samsung must have changed something in this new software update that adversely affects bluetooth connections.  Too bad we can't roll back the software update!  BTW:  The same thing happens with my wife's Galaxy Core Prime after it's recent software update, so Samsung probably uses a lot of the same bluetooth code on both phones.

• tmo_lauren

This is an issue we see sometimes with updates and various devices, typically cars. Unfortunately it's an issue where the vehicles software isn't being updated to be compatible with the new software, and the software developers don't develop the updates to be compatible with the thousands and thousands of bluetooth devices out there.

Sometimes there will be an update, but I know for my Nissan, it has never received an update from where it used to be compatible.

-Lauren

• mddillon

Sorry Lauren, but I respectfully disagree with you.  Since the latest Samsung software update, after a few days of uptime, the phone will not connect to, or even see, ANY other bluetooth device.  When it gets into that state, I need to restart the phone to correct the issue.  This is a Samsung software issue, but at this point, it will probably never get fixed by Samsung.  I was actually surprised that they made a recent update available anyway, but I really wish I had never upgraded.  Oh well, I least I have a workaround, although not ideal.

Thanks,  Mike

• tmo_lauren

In the event it won't connect to anything, that's a whole different story. I thought your issue was isolated to the vehicle which my earlier anecdote would apply to, but not seeing everything is a whole different angle.

This isn't something I have seen a lot of complaints on, but I'll go ahead and get this forwarded to our Samsung contacts and if they have any insight I'll pass it along!

-Lauren

• mddillon

Hi Lauren, thanks for the reply.  The next time my phone has this bluetooth issue, I'll try doing a few more diagnostic tests to try to figure out what's going on.  I haven't tried performing a factory reset yet, but that will be an option when I'm tired of restarting my phone.

-Mike

• tmo_lauren

Factory reset is definitely worth a go, please go ahead and try that when you get the chance because more than likely our team will request that when going through any diagnostics.

-Lauren

• mddillon

It happened again yesterday, where my phone would not connect to or see any Bluetooth devices.  Here are some observations I noted:

1)  Opening up Settings>Bluetooth starting scanning for devices, but found nothing.  The phone wouldn't even stop scanning for devices until I selected stop.  (waited 10 minutes before I manually stopped the scan)

2)  Turned Bluetooth Off, then back On.  This did not help.

3)  Checked if I could 'see' my phone via Bluetooth from 2 different Windows 10 PC's, but my phone was not seen by either PC.  Also, my phone could not 'see' the PC's either.

After restarting the phone, the PC's were able to see my phone and my phone was able to see the PC's.  Also, I was able to connect to the Uconnect radio in my Jeep.  I guess the next step will be to perform a factory reset, but I'm not quite ready for that.

-Mike

• mrpepsi