How do you provide input to what gets listed under BingeOn?

just_a_guy

I am new to this forum. I have read some of the postings. And I admit I still need to learn more about this site.

I came here, because T-mobile just announced a free use for "Suicide Squad" as part of the Binge-on program.

I have just setup a T-Mobile hot-spot as my home internet service. There are a few things

in this service that I would like to recommend as being included in the "binge-On" category.

1. All data transmission for this site. I am very conservative/concerned about data usage of

my hot-spot data.  Why must I consume my data quota on finding out about T-Mobile,

or getting help on a problem.

2. I regularly get security updates and OS patches. None of this provide me any direct benefit.

I realize they are part of the plumbing. Without them I could not safely use the T-Mobile's hot-spot

service.  How about adding functions to the Binge-On program for such maintenance, i.e., Google, Apple,

Samsung, Ubuntu, Microsoft, etc., but only their package update/maintenance processes.  

All replies

• tidbits

The provider just needs to tell T-Mobile they want to be on the list. Then T-Mobile helps them works with them to have a way to track and zero rare said data.

• tidbits

Then that wouldn't be BingeOn. Sure you want them to zero rate other things but at that point when does it end?

• just_a_guy

What is the point of charging clients for using the T-Mobil and its community web-site. (My only answer is "we can").

It's like double taxation.

What is the point of granting Suicide Squad free access? It don't know what type of game this is. But to me

by its name alone (I know I should not judge a book by its cover, but then if it walks and talks like a duck) it seems to have very little redeeming qualities, to warrant a free ride. (However, maybe the ride is not free!, maybe none of the binge-on rides are really free! Maybe it is all a marketing campaign. Sorry is I am turning negative.)

How would you get T-Mobile to ask itself to get in step with binge-on?

• tidbits

just_a_guy wrote:

What is the point of charging clients for using the T-Mobil and its community web-site. (My only answer is "we can").

It's like double taxation.

Actually you have no idea what double taxation is if you think that is.  You first have to understand what taxation is, and then you will understand why that and this is different. You pay for services you get said services.  The Website they can take away.  One could simply call customer care and that would be free if you think you are paying for a PEER to PEER forum

What is the point of granting Suicide Squad free access? It don't know what type of game this is.But to me

by its name alone (I know I should not judge a book by its cover, but then if it walks and talks like a duck) it seems to have very little redeeming qualities, to warrant a free ride. (However, maybe the ride is not free!, maybe none of the binge-on rides are really free! Maybe it is all a marketing campaign. Sorry is I am turning negative.)

It is free for providers, and it has been expressed it is free.  That's why big time and small time streaming sites have signed on.  If there was a cost chances are 1/3 of the ones on the list wouldn't be there.  Chances are Google would have flat out said no and exposed T-Mobile is in fact charging for it.  BingeOn is for ENTERTAINMENT stuff people use on a daily basis.  It's not meant for everything and anything.  If they gave a free pass for everything what's the point of getting ANY data plan?  At that point they might as well get rid of the tiered data plans and charge for their unlimited data prices.  Some companies may pay to have people who use their apps get zero rating.  The SS free access is a PROMOTION and is not part of BingeOn.

How would you get T-Mobile to ask itself to get in step with binge-on?

BingeOn is up to the PROVIDER and not T-Mobile to add.  If they go through the process and they are ENTERTAINMENT category then they can get on the list.  If you want some providers to be added to the list have them talk to T-Mobile.  T-Mobile to be FAIR doesn't go to providers after the initial startup, and allows any entertainment company sign up.

Binge On | Video Streaming without Using Your 4G LTE Data | T-Mobile