omniboom

Hello. First, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

I have a ZTE mobile hotspot which has the Binge On feature. My Xbox One connects to the ZTE and I use it to watch many different streaming services that are on the Binge On list. These include YouTube, Netflix, and the newly added Crunchyroll. I have read conflicting opinions on whether or not the Xbox One works with Binge On, with peoplen saying it works, doesn't work, and sometimes works.

So to summarize, I just want a definitive answer on if i can stream all the video I want on the Xbox One.

Thanks again.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Is Binge On compatible with Xbox One?

From what I understand, as long as you're streaming 480p, it's included in Binge On.

• omniboom

Thanks for responding, but I don't think that is correct. The reason being, last night while I was waiting on an answer I decided to watch some Crunchyroll on my Mac just to guarantee it wouldn't count against me. I plugged the HDMI cord in so I could watch it on my TV and chose to watch it in 480p, but it still counted against me.

So what is up? Is it that I used an HDMI cord? Is it that Crunchyroll is having problems with Binge On since it was only added recently? Any ideas?

Thanks.

• smplyunprdctble

It could also be the URLs being used.  If BingeOn is set up for a m.whatever.com url and xbox is using xbox.whatever.com, then it will be counted.  There's a large number of things that could potentially be happening.

The consensus is apps are suppose to not be counted if you're streaming at 480p.  But, if the app you're using uses a different URL than T-Mobile has as excluded from counting, then it has no choice but to include it in your usage.

You may need to communicate with T-Force to get to the powers that be to determine if the XBox is using a different URL and if it needs to be added as an acceptable URL.

• omniboom

For anybody else who is having this problem, just contact T-Mobile support. They helped me get the problem solved. They pretty much told me what the correct answer responder said, so thanks for the responses.