4G not working on LG G2 after update to lollipop 5.0.2

abbasshah17

Hi,

I have an LG G2 d801 device running on Android Lollipop 5.0.2, Kernel Version 3.4.0 Build Number LRX22G and Software Version D80130b. I previously had Kitkat 4.4.4 installed, but as soon as I upgraded to 5.0.2 I can't use any nano sim with 4G LTE enabled (2G works fine, haven't checked 3G).

Please help me out, I only bought the phone for 4G support.

Thanks!

Abbas.

All replies

• htghtg

Herro,

I would be interested to see if you have any 3G connection. Have you been able to test that? My first thought is that the APN was changed during the upgrade but that's just a shot in the dark at this point.

Let me know!

HTGHTG

• abbasshah17

Hi,

First of all thanks for your reply. Secondly I've overcome the issue by using the code 277634#*# and then going into RAT_Selection and selecting LTE 4G sign appears on the signal. However if I select LTE/WCDMA/GCM I don't get any signals, and therefore can't put my phone to switch automatically from 4G to GCM or WCDMA and whenever I am out of the coverage area (for 4G) I lose connection.

I had previously used the code *#*#4636#*#* but there the "Phone information" app keeps exiting with the message "This application does not work on this device" but all the other sections are working fine, and "Phone information" used to work fine too prior to the update.

To answer your question I haven't but turning on WCDMA from RAT_selection does turn on the 4G, so I think not.