Upgrading without Jump?

adderhead7

Okay, so I'm trying to find out how my upgrade would work. I have an iPhone 6s on EIP but I do not have JUMP.  If I paid off 12 months of my EIP, and I want to upgrade to a new device, do I give/trade in my current phone to Tmobile? Then, if I upgrade to a new device, entering into a new two year EIP agreement, will I have to pay for the new agreement and the old agreement? Or by trading in my old device, I wil not have to pay the remaining balance from old EIP?

I'm a little confused on this and the I've only found info on JUMP upgrades. I did already pay half way for my current phone, so maybe by trading it in and by getting a new phone, that paid off amount plus my current device will count towards the balance, so I don't have to pay it off?

Anyone have any suggestions/help on this? Really appreciate it.

Thanks!

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Upgrading without Jump?

You have to pay off the old agreement and new agreement. When you trade in your device you will be given a trade in credit.

Now if you are moving to Jump on demand and you paid of 50% of your device they'll give you 50% and you can get the new device. Keep in mind you are now on a leasing program without insurance. You pay like normal for 18 months then you have to lump sum it or get another device. You can "upgrade" up to 3 times a year.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • magenta1673747

Hi,

Why would you have to pay off both the old and the new? Can't she pay off the old and enter into a new EIP?

I'm in the same boat. But the phone I still owe $400 has a trade-in value of $130 or so. Any solutions for us? I hate the S7 and think , because of the Note 7 explosion issue, we'd be better taken care of. I've used a phone I have hated for a year and can't even get back enough to pay off the EIP.

• tidbits

magenta1673747 wrote:

Hi,

Why would you have to pay off both the old and the new? Can't she pay off the old and enter into a new EIP?

I'm in the same boat. But the phone I still owe $400 has a trade-in value of $130 or so. Any solutions for us? I hate the S7 and think , because of the Note 7 explosion issue, we'd be better taken care of. I've used a phone I have hated for a year and can't even get back enough to pay off the EIP.

That had nothing to do with carriers.  You'd need to talk to Samsung as they are the ones that cause the problem.  I also owned a Note 7, and I am peeved about the fact Samsung pretty much is taking care of people who only bought through them, and no one else.

1 of 1 people found this helpful