Headed to Germany, Ireland and England. T-mobile shows Simple Choice coverage in all these areas and that my LG G4 will work on those networks, but I still have some confusion. There are 3 different ways I can impact my phones ability to "roam":
- In my profile, I can turn "Block charge international roaming" on or off
- From my phone I can dial #766# or #763#
- In my phone's settings->network->mobile data->Mobile Networks I can enable or disable "Data roaming".
What I want to accomplish is the following:
- Let me use data anywhere it is included in my simple choice plan.
- Do not let me use data when I am in an area where I would incur incremental costs / not covered by simple choice.
How do I configure this? My guess is that the following will work:
- In my profile, turn on "Block charge international roaming"
- #766# and #763# don't matter.
- Enable "data roaming" in my phone's settings.
I beieve this will enable data service in countries covered by simple choice but will protect me from inccuring costs if I travel to a country not covered by Simple Choice.
Can someone tell me if ths is correct? If not, please help me understand, thanks!