S7 Edge will not boot past T-Mobile Logo

kumo77

Yesterday I downloaded a file security App from the Play store and decided that I didn't like it. After uninstalling it, I began having problems with my phone. It would not allow me to install another App. I thought that it might be something wrong with the system memory so I rebooted the phone, unfortunately I cannot get past the T-Mobile logo now.

Sometimes the phone will also cycle repeatedly through the Galaxy 7 screen and freeze up on the animated Samsung logo.

I found out how to get into the Android Recovery menu and tried doing "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition", unfortunately these did not work either.

At the bottom of the Recovery menu there appears to be two error codes in red letters.

"dm-verity verification failed..."

"Need to check DRK first..."

Is there anything else that I can do to get my phone working again? Should I take it into my local T-Mobile store?

All replies

• makarios

Re: S7 Edge will not boot past T-Mobile Logo

You need to reflash your ROM using ODIN. Usually I would not recommand this if you have never done it before, but since you are already stuck in a bootloop, there's not really much further down-hill you can go.

However I'm not sure what the forum policies are here for discussing ROM flashing (even if it's official).

Short non-descriptive answer is that you need to first completely wipe both cache's, then download the official stock ROM for your phone and reflash.

• kumo77

Thank you for the reply.

That is what I was afraid of. I don't want to do that because I heard that it voids the warranty and if something goes wrong in the process, I end up with a completely useless phone.

Earlier this week, I ended up taking the phone into one of our local T-Mobile stores. The rep that handled my problem informed me that the warranty with cover for the boot loop and that a replacement phone will arrive in a week.

• matesny

You probably need to disable the Lookout Security before installing any other. That may have been the culprit but I'm glad the warranty took care of it for you.