How to FIX visual voicemail on IPhone 6

mskraft

If resetting the network is not working for you, please try the following before heading down the path of factory resetting your phone as suggested by the support line. This option was not offered during troubleshooting with support and was found during a web search.

1) Call your voicemail by dialing 123 or holding the 1 on your phone keypad

2) Press the '*' key to get to the main menu

3) Select option 5 to open the password security option

4) Select option 1 and create a new password

5) Once complete, select option 2 to turn ON password security.  This feature must be ON for visual voicemail to work.

6) Close out voicemail.

7) Send a test message to your number to confirm visual voicemail works

If this does not repair your voicemail, the final thing to try would be a factory reset, but please give this a shot first.  This worked for me and I hope it will help save others some stress. 

Good Luck!

All replies

• certifiedmobileexpert

Before giving it a factory reset contact apple for support.  If you have purchased your 6/+/s model within the past ninety days you are still within full complementary technical support offered with apple care +.  Visit apple.com/support to get live chat (connected within two minutes), telephone support or to schedule an appointment with an apple expert to get your device running the way you intended.

Usually it is something simple, so contacting Apple's team of trained professional experts has a 99% success rate of correcting any issue during the first interaction.

Good luck,

Garett

• techexpert

Re: How to FIX visual voicemail on IPhone 6

This fixed my Visual Voicemail issue! After many calls into tech support they had to escalate the issue. I found your post and BAM completely fixed. Thank you for saving me from a reset!