dylanlin

First, I really want tmo_marty can be answer my question if he can.

I was use my credit card make couple payment , Last months I see already overpayment $600+

After post my bill, still have $400+ in my account .I want to request refund ,Base I was read  Adjustments & refunds link Last modified by tmo_marty on Mar 17, 2016 4:47 PM,about credit card payment refund.

Refunds for overpayment

If you discovered you have overpaid on your bill, you can contact T-Mobile Customer Service to request a refund for any remaining credit balance.

If your payment was made by mailed check, electronic check, cash, money order, or through a retail location, your refund request will generally be processed within 1-2 business days.

• Check payments must wait 14 days before a refund can be requested to allow time for the payment to process through the bank. After the 14 days have past, then a refund can be processed within 1-2 business days.
    • Keep in mind, canceled accounts must wait 30 days before the credit balance can be refunded due to final charges that may be added to the account.

If your payment was made by credit card or debit card, your refund request will generally be processed within 2-3 business days. It'll be reflected on your credit card or bank account within 1-3 business days after that. We can refund money in the following methods:

• Debit or credit card: We'll refund the money back to your bank or credit card account.
    • Prepaid card refunds: We can refund your money in the form of a Citibank prepaid card. It will be sent in the mail 6-10 business days after your refund was processed. Mailed refunds can only be sent to the responsible billing party.
    • Paper check refunds: We can also refund your money in the form of a paper check. Mailed refunds can only be sent to the responsible billing party.

So the mean time, I can refund to credit card, I can refund to prepaid card, I can refund to check, Why I request refund to check ,Then the customer service already told me only refund back to my credit card?and that is only way?File information published internally and externally inconsistent it?

All replies

• e2k

Re: Refunds for overpayment

AFAIK, unlike postpaid accounts, prepaid accounts don't really have a "credit balance." For example, if your postpaid bill was $100 and you made a payment of $200, you could request a refund in the amount of $100.

However, a prepaid balance is not really a "credit balance." Thus, I don't know for sure if it qualifies for a refund. Perhaps tmo_mike_c or tmo_lauren can chime in. You might also try contacting T-Force to see if they can assist you.

To contact T-Force

Go to the Contact Us page and use the Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus link under in the “Social Support” section.

• matesny

Re: Refunds for overpayment

If the form of payment was a credit card or a debit card, refund would be in the form of a credit issued back to your credit or debit account. You can not receive a paper check refund if you paid by using a credit card as such would constitute a cash advance on your credit card account!

Think of it this way, if you go to a grocery store and swipe your card for $100, then return the item immediately and ask for a cash refund, effectively means you are doing a cash advance on your credit account, which in many places is illegal for the retailer to process a cash refund in such an instance (Not to mention the retailer gets slapped by the transaction fees, losing money in the transaction!)