un-carrier 11 crazyness

kungfubass1961

un -carrier madness go's on loving it app was buggy at frist but working great now got two pizza's two vudu free movie rentals and three free Warcraft movie tickets wow!!! cant wait till next Tuesday thank you T-Mobile not only for your un-carries craziness full of free great stuff but for your awesome service

All replies

• stevetjr

Re: un-carrier 11 crazyness

It wasn't really the App that was "buggy" it was just the app requires info from the servers and they were just completely overwhelmed.  The early morning on the east coast was fine then about 630pm the servers caught up or they finally were able to add more server capacity.  Hopefully they now know how much server load they need to handle and will be ready for next Tuesday :-)

• drnewcomb2

Some of the freebies are definitely oriented toward urbanites. Lyft for instance. Doesn't even have a presence in my state at all. OTOH, I understand that some urban Domino's locations are reaching their 100 pizza limit very quickly. So, folks have to go farther afield if they want a free pizza. Us folks in the 'burbs' have less competition for the 100 pizzas. For me, a free something at Tractor Supply would be infinitely more useful than Lyft credits. Lyft credits might as well be a Tuesday-only pass for the BART, 2000 odd miles away.

• e2k

drnewcomb2 wrote:

Lyft credits might as well be a Tuesday-only pass for the BART, 2000 odd miles away.

Whoa, that's the first time I've read any reference to BART on this forum.

How's this for an iconic BART image?

• kungfubass1961

anyone want Pizza for next Tuesday let me know got three coming every Tuesday Pizza madness here lol

• drnewcomb2

Tell me it ain't so. No free Domino's next week?

• stevetjr

Yup, he even mentions that the limits you some were mentioning were not T-Mobile limiting it that it was Domino's the restricted it in some markets especially in more urban areas.

He has a video on his FB page.

• e2k

LOL, John Legere claimed that a lot of the Domino's locations could not open because they were "out of dough." I find this somewhat difficult to believe, but that is neither here nor there.

Too bad, I was just getting used to the idea of getting 52 free pizzas in a year. I suspected (and probably should have known) that it was too good to be true.

• stevetjr

Yeah but sounds like he is setting up other partners but imagine the

logistics takes time and with Domino's bailing so quick probably caught

them off guard.

I know my local Domino's was a zoo yesterday and I am more rural suburbs

but they (Domino's employees) looked a bit whooped when I got there around

730pm.

• e2k

It must vary quite a bit by location, how many Domino's there are in the area, and so forth. I snagged a free pie on both Tuesdays, and and usual, my location was not busy. However, I can imagine other stores (possibly in more congested areas) being overwhelmed with orders.

I'm a bit of a pizza connoisseur, and Domino's is hardly at the top of my list. However, they are moderate in quality and consistent in their execution (it's a virtual pizza factory in there). I'm also a sucker for free stuff, so I did not hesitate to get free pizza.

The Wendy's Frosty, however, probably has about 30 grams of sugar in it, so I was not in a hurry to snag that particular freebie.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what other partnerships are forthcoming...

• drnewcomb2

It's all you guys' fault for getting so many pizzas. It would still be going on if it was just me getting the freebies.

• kungfubass1961

drnewcomb2 got my pizza lol, hey e2k sorry dude looks like no more pie next week would have gave you the code and if for some crazy reason pizza shows up I will hit you up bro, was good getting the free pizza but kind of knew it was going to come to a end but hey looking forward to other free stuff maybe a free Gear VR would be nice but did get the buy one get one free S7 lets see what other cool stuff comes out next week.

• My area is still in the ATT and VZW strangle-hold, so I was easily able to get a free Dominos Pizza both weeks, one at 945pm and another at 445pm.