rguto

I upgraded my LG G3 to Marshmallow a few weeks back.  My battery used to last 36 hours.  After the upgrade, I will burn through the battery in  5-6 hours.  The phone is constantly searching for service.  The cell phone forwards directly to voice without ringing the phone at times and the voice quality has dropped tremendously.   Any ideas?

All replies

• ddtaylor44

Re: Marshmallow upgrade

Factory reset or install a ROM.

• dimcearobert

same here! In standby for 6 hours with wifi on consumed only 1% but when use it th battery decrease to fast!!! this guys must do something to repair this bug! i was thinking that i'm the only one with this problem because my lg g3 is new, i bought it yesterday, but i have seen on facebook that there are more people with this problem!

• dimcearobert

I managed to find a solution that worked for me! I used option: errors recovery upgrade from the LG PC Suite application, and then I gave a hard reset (find on google how to make a forced reset)!

• rguto

Thanks for the response.  I did a factory reset today.  My phone seems to be functioning correctly now.  Still checking on the battery life.

• tmo_mike_c

Have you seen any progress with the battery life rguto? The batter life could be dropping off because of 3rd party applications. In some instances, they aren't updated to as "battery conscious" on the new update. If you haven't already, can you give the battery a test drive without any 3rd party apps installed and see if it's better?

• rguto

Tmo mike c,

Yes I have seen a large improvement.  I did a factory reset.  My golf GPS program only used 50 % this week instead of 90%.  I send the developer an email asking for advice also.  I have not reloaded Facebook.

Thanks for replying

Randy

• tmo_mike_c

That's awesome you've seen an improvement! I've had to send an email to developers for things like this too. I had a game on my phone that was sucking the life out of my battery. A lot of folks don't take advantage of reaching out to developers for things like this. I say, if they have their contact info available, whey not run it by them? Ya know?