I ask you to unlock my phone

gabriel_x

I purchased a used LG G4 (H811) on eBay, I ask you to unlock my phone

All replies

• tidbits

Re: I ask you to unlock my phone

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588

You need to fit these requirements before T-Mobile will unlock the phone.

• gabriel_x

The CTIA Consumer Code for Wireless Service (http://www.ctia.org/policy-initiativ...reless-service) is a Voluntary document drafted by the FCC and administered by CTIA that T-Mobile is a signer on. In section 12 it states that wireless providers will unlock eligible phones for customers, former customers and individual owners. That third category is the one that most of us fall into.

• tidbits

As pointed below.  You never were a customer so therefor you do not fit into the CTIA requirements.  You were never prepaid you never met the requirement for CTIA requirements either.

Cell Phone Unlocking FAQs | Federal Communications Commission

Q: When is my device eligible for unlocking?

Your postpaid device is eligible to be unlocked by a participating provider after you have fulfilled the applicable service contract, completed the device installment plan or paid an early termination fee. Your prepaid device is eligible to be unlocked by a participating provider no later than one year after activation, consistent with reasonable time, payment, or usage requirements.

http://www.ctia.org/policy-initiatives/voluntary-guidelines/consumer-code-for-wireless-service

1. Each wireless provider will abide by the following standards regarding the ability of customers, former customers, and individual owners of eligible devices to unlock phones and tablets, (“mobile wireless devices”) that are locked by or at the direction of the carrier.It should be noted that carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier’s network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier’s network. “Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network, even if that network is technologically compatible. In other words, “unlocking” a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with other networks-a device designed for one network is not made technologically compatible with another network merely by “unlocking” it. Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network).

Each wireless provider agrees to abide by the following six principles:

(1) Disclosure. Each carrier will post on its website its clear, concise, and readily accessible policy on postpaid and prepaid mobile wireless device unlocking.

Here is the disclosure Unlock your mobile wireless device

(2) Postpaid Unlocking Policy. Carriers upon request, will unlock mobile wireless devices or provide the necessary information to unlock their devices for their customers and former customers in good standing and individual owners of eligible devices after the fulfillment of the applicable postpaid service contract, device financing plan, or payment of applicable early termination fee.

You don't meet this requirement because you were not a T-Mobile customer.

(3) Prepaid Unlocking Policy. Carriers, upon request, will unlock prepaid mobile wireless devices no later than one year after initial activation, consistent with reasonable time, payment or usage requirements.

See number 4.  You are not a prepaid customer so you are a non-customer

(4) Notice. Carriers that lock devices will clearly notify customers that their devices are eligible for unlocking at the time when their devices are eligible for unlocking or automatically unlock devices remotely when devices are eligible for unlocking, without additional fee. Carriers reserve the right to charge non-customers/nonformer-customers with a reasonable fee for unlocking requests. Notice to prepaid customers may occur at point of sale, at the time of eligibility, or through a clear and concise statement of policy on the carrier’s website.

Here is the disclosure Unlock your mobile wireless device

Since you are a non-customer You fit here.  You have your options.  Anything below this applies ONLY if you meet the requirements.  So since you do not meet the requirements.

(5) Response Time. Within two business days after receiving a request, carriers will unlock eligible mobile wireless devices or initiate a request to the OEM to unlock the eligible device, or provide an explanation of why the device does not qualify for unlocking, or why the carrier reasonably needs additional time to process the request.

1. (6) Deployed Personnel Unlocking Policy. Carriers will unlock mobile wireless devices for deployed military personnel who are customers in good standing upon provision of deployment papers.

Carriers reserve the right to decline an unlock request if they have a reasonable basis to believe the request is fraudulent or the device is stolen. Carriers further agree to implement three of the standards articulated above within 3 months from February 11, 2014. Carriers further commit to implement the remainder of the principles within 12 months from February 11, 2014.

• gabriel_x

I am not a client, and checked IMEIСнимок экрана (81).png

in paragraph 4 says that they have to unlock me if I am not their customer

(4) Notice. Carriers that lock devices will clearly notify customers that their devices are eligible for unlocking at the time when their devices are eligible for unlocking or automatically unlock devices remotely when devices are eligible for unlocking, without additional fee. Carriers reserve the right to charge non-customers/nonformer-customers with a reasonable fee for unlocking requests. Notice to prepaid customers may occur at point of sale, at the time of eligibility, or through a clear and concise statement of policy on the carrier’s website.

• tidbits

Carriers reserve the right to charge non-customers/nonformer-customers with a reasonable fee for unlocking requests.

You are not a customer or a former customer. You fit here. They expect you to meet at least their prepaid requirement which fits into that line above.

• gabriel_x

I have a problem,

- I either had to get a T-Mobile account and register the device on their network for 40 days and request the device unlock.

- Or the original owner had to request the unlock. I can not create an account "ID T-Mobile" because I am not a customer, and Do not know the owner, and where to go in order to unlock the phone if not non-kustomer, I can not find a link on the site to access

• tidbits

You purchased it from eBay. You will have to contact that seller to get the info for you or refund your money.

• gabriel_x

no contact with the seller

• tidbits

Then contact eBay and see what your options are.

• gabriel_x

the seller have that sells LG G4 H811 - 32GB - Metallic Gray (T-Mobile) Google ID lochked I unlocked Google ID, phone will make a temporary unlocking T-Mobile, Constantly   does not unlock, I want to contact with T-mobile , I need a link

• tidbits

You said you bought it from eBay. You should have contact info from eBay of every transaction you made including the seller.

• gabriel_x

the seller does not respond

• tidbits

Then you are on your own. T-Mobile will not unlock phones unless you meet the requirements.

• gabriel_x

Pre-requisites

- LG G4 T-Mobile Variant (H811).

- The Phone must be paid in full.

- The account the phone is/was attached to needs to be in good standing.

- Proof of your purchase of the phone (eBay or paypal receipt)

- The phone must not be reported lost, or stolen.

- Try the T-Mobile Device Unlock and select permanent unlock (if it works skip to the section on retaining SIM Unlock)

- Persistence, patience and politeness.

History

I purchased a used LG G4 (H811) on eBay, then called T-Mobile to request the device unlock. I was told by two Customer Service representatives and two supervisors the same thing:

- I either had to get a T-Mobile account and register the device on their network for 40 days and request the device unlock.

- Or the original owner had to request the unlock.

T-Mobile would not budge, but you can make them give it to you. The CTIA Consumer Code for Wireless Service (http://www.ctia.org/policy-initiativ...reless-service) is a Voluntary document drafted by the FCC and administered by CTIA that T-Mobile is a signer on. In section 12 it states that wireless providers will unlock eligible phones for customers, former customers and individual owners. That third category is the one that most of us fall into. Principle 2 of that section says that for post paid phones the provider will unlock them upon request for phones from accounts in good standing that have been paid off again for customers, former customers and individual owners. CAVEAT: The Code does allow them to charge you a "reasonable fee", but I was never asked to pay a fee.

Penalty for T-Mobile not complying is revocation of their status of meeting this code and they cannot display the seal which means other providers will harp on that and T-Mobile doesn't want that. After sharing this information with the supervisor they told me that I could write a letter to their legal department which I did not want to do.

Getting the SIM unlock code

1- Contact T-Mobile to request the device be unlocked. Unless they change their policy they will likely tell you the same thing they told me.

2- Go to FCC.gov and filed a complaint online stating that you are an individual owner of an eligible phone (T-Mobile never disputed that) and that T-Mobile was refusing to unlock it and therefore in violation of the CTIA code.

3- Go to CTIA.org and use the contact us link to send them a very similar email.

4- Finally go to bbb.org and filed a complaint online against T-Mobile USA (Make sure that you select the head office in Washington State).

In all three I provided my IMEI number for reference (#*06#) and THE SAME DAY I got an email from the Office of the President of T-Mobile requesting contact information to verify eligibility of the phone. I responded back and answered their questions. They needed the IMEI, make, model and receipt showing purchase. She then sent me an email telling me that she removed the block on their server from the app working and allowing a permanent unlock.

SIM Unlock procedure

1- If you are already running any flavor of the stock firmware that still has the T-Mobile unlock app then skip to step 6. If you are on a custom ROM reboot into TWRP and do a complete backup of everything EXCEPT your efs partition. If you later restore your efs partition after unlocking the phone it becomes locked again.

2- In TWRP wipe the device with the default settings.

3- Install a stock flavor ROM that still has the T-Mobile Unlock App.

4- (Optional) Install SuperSU to keep root.

5- (Optional) For good measure flash TWRP recovery in case the ROM you installed replaced the recovery.

6- Boot the T-Mobile Stock ROM and run the T-Mobile Unlock App. Request a permanent unlock and it should successfully unlock the phone.

7- Reboot and test with a non-T-mobile sim.