9er1

The SG S5 is getting android 6.0.1. Where is the update with security patches for this phone? Great phone horrible follow up from LG and Tmo. No excuses tmo is just as accountable as lg. Very dissappointing....

All replies

• marcaronson408

Re: And. 6.0.1

Per amarryat's post on this thread elsewhere on this forum, TMO communciated that an LG G4 6.0.1 update was coming in May.

I have not seen it yet...

Marc

• amarryat

Nor have I. I hope that rep wasn't blowing smoke.

• 9er1

Precious little time left for a May update, lol. Don't understand the lack of love for this phone. Best phone I've had in 5 years of Android phones. Except for the price, which dropped $200 a week after getting this phone. By Tmo......sigh......

• marcaronson408

I agree that the LG phones are really good. I have the G4; my wife has the G3; we have a spare g2 in the "store room".

I tend to buy them after the prices drop.

Love the expandable memory and the location of the volume/power buttons.

Also like the camera quality and speed -- very important for a grandfather .

Let's hope they come through with the update. While de-installing the Tile app solved the worst of my BT problems, I still have intermittent issues getting it to connect with my Mazda 5 infotainment system...

Marc

• tmo_mike_c

I wish I had better more to report, but I don't have any news about 6.0.1 on the LG G4. The best I can suggest is to keep an eye on our LG G4 page. It'll have the most up to date information about software.

• marcaronson408

Mike, the Marshmallow upgrade has left the LG G4 with several problems:

• Bluetooth connectivity problems. (Doesn't work properly w/ Tile app; won't reliably connect with car audio system.)
                    • One-way audio. Per our other thread, I suspect that my one-way audio issues are associated with the Marshmallow update.

If the LG G4 is going to be left on a version of Android that leaves it partially broken, what will T-Mobile and LG do to take care of their customers that are being impacted?

Thanks!

Marc

• amarryat

This is really an LG issue at this point.  I don't believe there are any LG G4's with 6.0.1.  Until LG produces that, T-Mobile's hands are tied.

• tmo_mike_c

That's a good question. Here's how we handle things like this. After checking on this, it appears that this isn't affecting a large group of LG G4 users. With that being said, we have to troubleshoot on a case by case bases. We ask that you try some common troubleshooting steps including resetting and using it with only the pre-installed apps. If by some chance the troubles continue, we collect info specific to your phone and investigate this along with LG.

I can't say what the outcome will be when we do this. As I mentioned before, we don't have any news on if 6.0.1 is in the works, and I can't promise it will be. Our Software update development FAQs has a section that paints a general picture of how software development works. It's the best answer we can give folks that want to know about software for their phones.