Mobile hotspot

cattneyy

Just wanting to know if it cost any extra if I use my tmobile hot spot ? I have the unlimited call, text and data plan. Would be really helpful. Thank you

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Mobile hotspot

It costs nothing extra but there is a limit to the amount of tethering you are allowed each month. Not sure what the limit is but I've never gotten anywhere near it.

• cattneyy

Ahh thank you, me and my daughter just watch alot of youtube.

Now I just need to find out these limits!

• drnewcomb2

Well, the YouTube watching should be included in BingeOn, provided you watch on the phone.

• cattneyy

Right but it hurts my eyes because the screens so small on my phone so I just hotspot my Xbox one and watch some there?

• drnewcomb2

My understanding is that the "Hotspot" app keeps track of all the tethered data and it all counts against the tether quota. However, some higher-end phones have a video break-out, either as a dedicated micro-HDMI port or a video port hidden in the charging port. By connecting this to the TV's HDMI input, you could watch YouTube on the TV and stay completely within the BingeOn restrictions for free video streaming. And since you have unlimited data, you could turn BingeOn off and watch in HD.

• miket

I thought binge on data was not as fast as "regular" data streams.  Therefore, it wouldn't be HD.

IF the user has Chromecast and certain Android phones, you can cast whatever is on your phone screen to the TV.  Most recent hi-end Samsungs, LG and a few others can do this.

• tidbits

miket wrote:

I thought binge on data was not as fast as "regular" data streams.  Therefore, it wouldn't be HD.

IF the user has Chromecast and certain Android phones, you can cast whatever is on your phone screen to the TV.  Most recent hi-end Samsungs, LG and a few others can do this.

At that point you'd have to have WiFi, and that would make BingeOn pointless.  DLNA, or Miracast would be different.

• tidbits

If you have unlimited data then it depends when and how much you pay. If you pay $20 it's either 5GB or 7GB(depending when you signed up). If you pay $30 then it's 14GB.