Anyone receive their Samsung S7 BOGO rebate yet?

wuss

I submitted my BOGO rebate online on March 15th. In 2 days it'll be 8 weeks. The promotion states that it takes "up to 8 weeks" to process, which implies that at the LONGEST it would take 8 weeks. I checked my status online, and all it says is that the offer was submitted, and that state hasn't changed since I submitted it almost 2 months ago.

The next state in the process says "Approved" and then finally "Mailed". What the hell is going that it's been 2 months and still has not been approved?

My friend bought his S7 in a store a week before me, and he received his rebate gift card in the mail a week ago.

Kind of related as well, but Samsung's Gear VR headset that was part of the promo also has not shipped to me. The status on that promo has been "processed and ready for shipment" for the last 2 months as well.

I'm a bit worried because T-Mobile screwed me on the iPhone 6 trade in deal for the iPhone 6s. They completely disregarded the promotion due to an employee screw-up in the store, and I spent the last 6 months explaining to 12+ different customer service rep's over the phone what was going on. Each time they admitted fault and said they would fix and/or escalate it, and each time nothing happened.

I finally made a public tweet to the CEO of T-Mobile saying T-Mobile basically stole my phone, and within 2 hours, an online Twitter T-mobile rep finally fixed the problem by giving me an account credit that STILL was not the full amount of the original promo, but after having spent countless HOURS trying to fix the situation, I figured that was as good as it was going to get.

So you can imagine my concern that there's $750 missing from my bank account from this supposed "BOGO" free promotion.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Anyone receive their Samsung S7 BOGO rebate yet?

Hey there! If the credit you received wasn't what it was supposed to be, certainly reach out to them again and get that resolved!

They're the team I would have sent you to to take a closer look into this, and they should be more than happy to accommodate the full amount so long as all requirements have been fulfilled.

How soon after purchase did you submit your rebate? Being outside of timeline has been the number one delay and denial cause I have seen, as not everyone submitted within proper timeline.

-Lauren

• tidbits

I got mine on Monday. I didn't get the "it shipped" portion, but got the accepted. I had mine since Monday.

• obeperez

In my opinion, the reason why you still not receiving any rebate card is because of this reason:

1. if the promotion period is from April 1 to April 10, then you apply last March 12 then you are not qualified in the promotion. you suppose to be apply or purchase a device within the promotional period.

my advice it to contact your carrier to review notes on your account regarding application of your rebate card.ask them about the promotional period.

• darkreign

I had my rebated approved in April and it identifies that I should receive it in 2 - 3 weeks. Well we are certainly past the 8 week mark since it was submitted and past the 3 week mark since it was approved. I talked with the rebate center this morning and I had one individual tell me that it could take another 8 weeks to get and another who told me that I should expect it within a few more weeks.

What is going on? We were told when we signed up for this deal we would have it with in 6 - 8 weeks, not 11 - 16 weeks.... Very frustrating. Not to mention that I was hung up on by the rebate center multiple times. Terrible customer service!!!

• adeelfaizi

I must start by saying that the dirty corporate tactics started immediately after the offer, its no surprise.

Can somebody tell me where to post so the CEO reads it.

Now my issue:

I got 4 Galaxy s7 edges and 2 new lines. all submitted and purchased within the offer time and applied for rebate. Got acceptance. Then one offer gets rejected and the other gets accepted. The accepted offer was after 7 weeks. The card was supposed to be shipped in 2-3 weeks. Today marks 3 weeks. Rep tells me wait for 3 more weeks. Classical delay tactics.

Now bout the rejected claim. The claim says generic duplicate. Duplicate of what?? 4 phones and two lines and all possible combinations used to submit the claim and still they say that it was generic duplicate. It was on 5/8  when a rep recognized that they have made a mistake. So resubmitted  the offer saying we will expedite it. No a week after the new rep tells me this will get declined because i don't meet the criteria. Which is nonsense. I meet the criteria. They should the fineprint.I need help from anyone who can before I resort to anything else

Thanks

• darkreign

Anybody notice that if your application is approved it has now been updated from saying you will receive your card in 2-3 weeks. It is now showing that you will receive it in 3 - 5 weeks?

• jiml87

I'm in the same boat.   I entered into this promotion with the expectations that I would receive my rebate within the 8 weeks as was stated in the terms and conditions.  Here I am almost 10 weeks later and although I have been approved,  I am being told it is going to take at least another 3 weeks and then extra time for the post office to get it to me.   I have also be told that I can't cancel the new line I opened specifically for this promotion or I'll be at risk of not getting the rebate.   This to me seems like an unfair and deceptive practice.   TMobile customer service was not overly helpful which is also disappointing.   Up until now I have not had one negative thought with respect to T-Mobile.   I am still hopeful they will make this right.

• adeelfaizi

Sorry man but this is bigger than you think. People who are fighting for it are getting their credits on the bill, they are not even waiting for the card. T mobile already knows that you are not a threat to them. Good luck! Hope you get to see that money someday. And yes. That extra line is the KEY. It's all about that line to stay active. They will keep it active as long as they can. Today's where the income is my friend and the moment you cancel, you lose the promo credit

• tidbits

It probably isn't bigger than I think. This is a common thing on the internet, and in life. If it was a much bigger problem than I think there would be more than 3 people in this thread and the online media outlets would be all over it.

So far I see 2 people who have gotten it and 3 people who have not on this very forum.

• jiml87

Tidbits,  it's not a matter of if I'll get the rebate,  it's a matter of meeting the original terms and conditions.  Every extra day it takes is money out of my pocket.

I held up my part of the agreement.  I expect TMobile and Samsung to hold up theirs.

• tidbits

You were approved correct?  You can remove the line after that point. I did and that other guy did too.  Also it doesn't take money out of your pocket per say as you get back the full amount of the device which is $779.99.  What I owed left of my device I believe was $660ish.  When I paid it off I still have the rest on the card which I threw into my bill so next month I'll pay like $30 roughly.

• jiml87

Again, T-mobile told me 2 hours ago in my phone conversation that if I cancel the line that I am at risk of being rejected.   I don't want to risk my rebate so I have to continue paying for the line to be safe per T-Mobile.   Seems unfair and deceptive and a scare tactic.   This is my experience.  

• tidbits

I am telling you otherwise from experience  You are already approved.  They have NOTHING in their the terms you must have that line active for X period of time. The reason why they say that is because they can't tell if you were approved or not. 

• jiml87

I informed them that I was approved and they told me that I still could be at risk if the promotional department reviewed my account and found that line canceled.   The key word being if.   So I can't go by your experience alone,  I have to go by what TMobile is telling me if I don't want to be at risk.   This seems very wrong to me and I don't appreciate their scare tactics.   I was just now told by Samsung that the rebate is through TMobile and not Samsung.   Tmobile told me the rebate was being handled by Samsung.   What a joke this is.

• tidbits

That's false. Once they approve you that means you meet all the requirements. FTC would cover your bottom if they deny you. There is nothing where T-Mobile had to review after they approve. Verizon for example days the line must be active for 6 month. They review and see the line active. 6 months later they review again. Those terms are your best friend.

• jiml87

1) Who is FTC

2) Why is TMobile giving out false information to their customer?

• tidbits

Federal Trade Commission who regulate how promotions, rebates and such should be conducted.

It isn't that they are lying per say. They say it because in the event out of their control you are delayed you are going to call in and may become flagrant to put it nicely. So sometimes reps say things like this. One of the reason why carrier T&C tell you to get things in writing.

I got mine but when I track it it said approved and nothing more even after I got the card. I just checked after my last reply for fun and it does say it finally shipped even though I got it over a week ago.

• tidbits

Like I said I paid off my EIP and the line as soon as I got the approval and I got my card.

I have a feeling you guys will get your card and you guys are just overacting a bit. The up to 8 weeks isn't set in stone and it could be that Citi contracted card maker hasn't printed the cards due to mechanical issues.

• tidbits

5 people out of millions of potential people who took advantage of the offer just something to ponder on.  If it was a much bigger issue we'd be hearing it on social media, and media outlets in droves.  Remember Experian being hacked debacle?