military discount

jlegs71

Im a new TMobile customer as of Feb 2016. I asked the associate if they offer military discounts. His answer, yes however I need to sign up online or call in. I called 3/25/16 and was advised to fill out information online and upload my ID. I did that and still havent received any correspondence. I called today 5/10/16 to inquire if they ever received the documents and also, whats the status. Spoke to someone named 'Rosario' who wasnt able to assist me. I asked for the loyalty dept or someone familiar with the 'military discounts' and after being on eternal hold, I hung up.

simple question:

I have a single line-unlimited plan. Does this qualify for military discount? If so, how long does it take to receive communication indicating you received the information once Ive uploaded which was 3/25/16. What if you didnt receive it? What if there was an issue?

How can I ask for someone in the 'states' without being put on eternal hold? Rosario wasnt very professional when it came to reviewing my account.

Please advise.. Im skeptical about this service as Im a long time customer of Verizon (10+ years).

Tmobile is my daughters phone for the unlimited.

Thanks,

Jamie

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: military discount

We do still offer government (military) discounts to those who qualify!

If you have already submitted the correct info, I would suggest reaching out to T-Force! You can find them on FB and Twitter, and they are arguably the most broadly trained representatives we have and very capable of assisting! You can find the info to Contact Us here!

• tmo_lauren

Just wanted to check in to see if you were able to get this taken care of!

-Lauren

• jlegs71

Im still waiting for it to go thru. I spoke to 'Norbert' who assured me it would all workout. So far, I received a follow up call from him on Monday indicating theyre still processing the discount. I asked for it to be retro since I started the process 03/25/16. He was going to see what he could do and said he'd call me back in a few days.

I appreciate the follow up he provided but Im having a hard time trying to figure out why it takes so long. With my other carrier, what ever discount you get takes place right away with proof and can be done in store. This was also a Tmobile process and I dont know why they changed it. No more national discount with my company either

I'll take the military discount to save, I appreciate your follow up

• tmo_lauren

Our discounts are confirmed with a third party that works between the two parties, so it does have a delay and can take a few bill cycles to apply.

If it doesn't work, although I of course hope it does, I would suggest our FB or Twitter team looking to assist, they are great!

-Lauren

• ippy

Despite what they say, I don't think T-Mobile actually have military discounts. I been on and off trying to get approved for the discount for over two years. From the T-Mobile Choice plan to the T-Mobile One.

Recently I upgraded from their Choice plan to the T-Mobile One with my spouse. I go through their steps and provided valid CAC ID to them. They response with the email (attached below). I asked about why and they said they will transfer me to loyal program, which then was on hold for half hour before I gave up. I asked them why the choice plan didn't qualify, then they told me it's because it's a promotion plan. In theory, their T-Mobile One is also a "promotional" plan. As long as it's marketed that way, they can slide.

Obviously, I know that military discount is a great thing to offer for military members and vets and not a right and they don't have to do it. It's not automatically, and given just because we're military. I don't demand they give it. What bothers me the most is that they say they have it and decline it every time. I don't mind if they outright say they don't give military discounts. The deception is what annoys me.

It looks like there is an issue with your application for the T-Mobile® Advantage™ program. Typically, this happens for one of the following reasons.

Your company or organization is not a T-Mobile® Advantage™ Program Participant
                  The information on your pay stub is either illegible or does not match our records
                  The pay stub you provided is not within the acceptable date range
                  Your account is not eligible for the discount for one of the following reasons:
                  Prepaid account
                  Delinquent account
                  Business account
                  Unauthorized user
                  Cancelled account

If you think these results are in error, please send us an email.

If your company doesn't participate in the Advantage™ Program now, you can still find other ways to save with T-Mobile. Along with our huge selection of the latest devices,
                  T-Mobile's offers affordable rate plan options for almost any budget.

• tidbits

The problem may be the plan specifically. If the plan you got is a promotional plan and is discounted heavily they don't give discounts for them. I work for the DoD and my wife the DoE. The current plan we are on neither one of us gets to use our discount. However the plan previously we could. The difference in cost between the two is $40 after discounts factored in.

• tidbits

The current plan they are offering is a promotional plan.

2 for $100 is not the promotional plan.

3 for $100 is the promotional plan.

• ippy

Both Simple Choice and the Tmobile One were 2 for $100. Which they had told me Simple Choice was a promotional plan. and Tmobile One, they couldn't give me a reason except to transfer to loyalty. I suppose another day I have time to burn, I will give their loyalty department a call. Even if it don't work out, at least there's something to report and knowledge for others seeking the same thing. Prior to the Simple Choice plan, we were able to get the discount, but it would have been about the same price with that plan vs the Simple Choice. The difference for Tmobile One now is that taxes and fees are included. Which isn't all that bad a deal all around.

• tidbits

Did you get the 3 for $100 or did you get the 2 for $100?  If you got the 3 for $100 then discount wouldn't apply as you are saving $40 as that line is free which is a far bigger discount than the 10% you'd be getting.

• rangerstyle

The deception is real, and they wont train their store associates correctly. Funny thing is, I get the email that says I'm verified for the Advantage Program, but still I don't get a discount. From a chat I had with T-mobile today they verified that the Mobile One plan is "promotional" so it doesn't qualify.

Technically, they can consider all of their plans "promotional" to get around giving us any discounts. Oh, and the email states that we'll get a $25 gift card for each line...another lie....I tried multiple times and apparently I'm wasn't eligible for those either.

You're totally in! Your organization gives you access to all of these great benefits:

Unlimited talk, text, and web on the fastest nationwide 4G LTE network.

No annual service contracts and no activation fees.

Early Termination Fees reimbursed to help free you from your current service contracts.

Unlimited data and text in over 140 countries included at no charge.

Unlimited international texting from the US to 200+ countries included at no charge.

Phone upgrades whenever they want with JUMP!

200 MB of additional data free for life on all T-Mobile connected tablets with qualifying service.

$25 Advantage Reward Card for every line on the account with device purchase—plus an additional $25 Reward Card with every device upgrade or new line of service.

Special Advantage Program offers throughout the year.

To receive your $25 Advantage Reward Card, visit www.t-mobile.com/promotions and enter the following information:

Your T-Mobile Phone Number

Your T-Mobile Account PIN (the last 4 numbers of your SSN)

The promotional code: ADVNEW

Once your entry has been verified you can expect to receive your reward card within 6 to 8 weeks.

In the meantime, be sure to check the latest offers on accessories through the Advantage Order Portal located on your company's intranet.

Thanks so much for being a T-Mobile customer!

Advantage Program: Limited time offer; subject to change. Up to 10 lines. One reward card per device purchase. Eligible rate plans only. Card is valid for 90 days. See reward card for additional terms.