kellrobinson

I have the plan with free international data roaming.  It worked in France.  I am now in Prague and it doesn't work.  T-Mobile operates a network here in Czech and I'm connected to it, but only my phone number is connected: I can't use data.  I have data and roaming turned on, checked all that stuff a million times.  T-Mobile just won't connect me to data.  I've tried calling tech support and didn't get anywhere. The techs I talked to were incapable of doing anything outside a very narrow playbook they've been given.  No initiative or desire to help. I pay T-Mobile, and if you can believe it they tell me they won't do anything to help.  I asked to speak to a  supervisor and never got one; long hold time.  I called again and asked to have a supervisor call me at his convenience.  Nada. My phone supports all of these bands:

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz

WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8

LTE: Bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40

Please help me get this thing fixed.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Czech, no data

Your phone specs look fine. The first thing I would try is to manually search for and connect to different networks.  Determine is if your phone actually has data or not. Sometimes the data is just very slow. You need a "Ping" utility to test "pinging" Google's servers (8.8.8.8). If ping fails, you may want to check your APN and IPv6/4 settings. In the past there was some issue with foreign networks not understanding IPv6 and you'd have to set your phone to IPv4. Check the APN and see what it's set to. The current default is fast.t-mobile.com but sometimes epc.tmobile.com has worked better.