Have you dropped it lately?
No, no drops, and my husbands phone is doing the same thing! We bought them at the same time. The phone will ring and the screen lights up, but it won't recognize the touch of swipe.
Have you tried resetting it? If it's software related it should be solved with a reset.
I've not tried that. Do you have instructions for resetting? And will I lose everything in the phone?
Steps are available at Master reset: LG G2
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail.
If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, you can master reset using hardware keys. To perform a master reset, follow these steps:
- Back up all data on the internal memory.
- Power off the device and ensure it is not connected to any USB cables.
- At the same time, press and hold the following keys for 8 seconds:
- Power key
- Volume down key
- When the LG Logo is displayed, release the Power key and then immediately re-hold the Power key.
- When the 'FACTORY HARD RESET' screen displays, release the keys.
- Press the Power key to reset or one of the Volume keys to cancel.
- Press the Power key to confirm the reset. The reset will start immediately.