Solved

What happened to "Stay logged on"?

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

The option of staying logged on seems to have disappeared. Now, whenever I close the browser, I have to log back in when I return.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 21 April 2016, 15:36

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They did some upgrades to the webpage but this appears to

be one flaw of the upgrades.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I noticed this recently, but thought it was because I had cleared my browser cache and passwords.  After a few more attempts to log in and check the "remember me" box on my desktop and Android Chrome browser, this seems to be rectified.

"Remember Me"? I don't have any such box on my login screen. It remembers me OK. I just have to go through the login screen each time I reopen Firefox.

Userlevel 4

Hey!

As I''m not the dev, I'm not sure if that functionality can be added back, or if it was removed for some greater purpose during the upgrade, but I can check!

-Lauren

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I see the change in the log-in screen now on Chrome.  No "remember me" box, but my info was pre-filled-in.

Userlevel 4

Just popping in to let you know we are still following up on this 😊

-Lauren

Userlevel 4

Yeah -- my work desktop (where I generally troll from) still has me logged in -- at least until something happens to log me out for whatever reason.

My home laptops I'm not already remembered, so it's driving me batty.

Not a far drive, but I've now experienced it 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I haven't had to log in using my phone for a while.  Knock on wood.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

My phone keeps me logged in, but not the desktop site.

Userlevel 2

Add me to the list of people that would like to have this feature back 😉

Userlevel 3

Signed as well.

It is a bit annoying to have to sign in every time. Especially when I'm on edge coverage.

Userlevel 2

I now have to log in on my desktop after each time I close my browser. I am now officially annoyed. 😠

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Same here.

Userlevel 4

e2k wrote:

I am now officially annoyed.

I think I am now officially more annoyed because it seems to keep the log in for a couple hours.  I logged in this morning when I got to the office and then again a few ago when I grabbed lunch and I had been logged out.

Help us @tmo_ryan - you're our only hope! 😊

as always #blamejon

Let me see where we stand on things. I put @tmo_lauren‌ in charge of harassing.

Userlevel 4

@tmo_lauren‌ -- Harass Jon!  Or I'll start posting John Cena! 😊

Userlevel 4

He's saying the issue with the expiration is separate from the "keep me logged in" button somehow, although it does seem like the timing was pretty similar with the toggle being removed. They're going to go ahead and look into session expiration and see what's going on though.

Userlevel 4

I think the expiration was always a couple hours.

It's the stay logged in that's the key here!  Without it, we're getting boots!

I was able to replicate with IE but my Chrome (which I also don't close out regularly) seems to always stay logged in except for every 2-4 weeks when I need to re-apply my credentials.

Are you guys running any cookie crushers or things like that which might be clearing your session details?

Userlevel 4

I know for me personally it happens in FF, and it just seems to be at random, and without anything to clear my cookies.

Userlevel 4

With the "Stay Logged In" button ticked, it WAS every 4ish weeks that it would log me out (acceptable).

Now, without the "Stay Logged In" button, it's every 4ish hours? -- try logging out then logging back in and see what happens 😀

I don't clean cookies or anything.  But, now I want to go to Chick-fil-A and get a cookie.. I believe the recall is finished...

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Seems to be fixed now.

Userlevel 4

snn_555 wrote:

Seems to be fixed now.

I don't see a "Stay Logged In" option (on Chrome at least).  We'll see if it kicks me out by lunch 😀

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I see no "Remember me" or "Keep me logged in" option either.  Usually on Chrome after I close the tab I am logged off.  Even if it is 1 min later, I have to log back in.  I click the bookmark in my bookmark bar and it takes me right to my activity page now.  Might be because my info is auto-filled.

Userlevel 4

Has the getting logged out issue stopped for anyone else? I'm not experiencing the issues the same as I have been as of yesterday.

-Lauren