LG V10 Marshmallow Update 6.0.1 help

chipstervapes

I updated my V10 yesterday to Marshmallow 6.0.1. via LG Bridge.  Install went fine and listed the software as 6.0.1.  This morning it has switched to just 6.0.  Should I be worried about this?  Thanks in advance.

All replies

• dsanchez86

Re: LG V10 Marshmallow Update 6.0.1 help

I'll second this inquiry. I just updated my V10 using the LG Bridge software and went to verify the software version after I was finished. The software information shows that I have Android 6.0 and not Android 6.0.1 as shown on the T-Mobile support page. The build number is correct however as it does match the information on the aforementioned support page.

Can someone with a little more knowledge enlighten me as to what is happening here?

Capture+_2016-04-16-20-41-11.png

• whtman88

I spoke directly with LG and they stated that the update available for the V10 was indeed 6.0 and not .01

Although this is hearsay I would imagine the page editor or webmaster lol mistyped when the page was updated.

I would like to have them 200 + new emojis included in .01

• tmo_mike_c

Sorry for the confusion. It is supposed to be 6.0. The doc will be updated to show the correct version. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

• dsanchez86

@tmo_Mike_c

I want a roll back to 5.1.1 the only reason I upgraded was that your company said it was 6.0.1!

6.0 is buggy and doesn't work properly with TILES (which I purchased through T-Mobile!)

How do I roll back?

• tmo_mike_c

Android devices don't have a way to roll back the software without voiding the warranty. We'd need to troubleshoot the exact issue your phone is having after it was updated.

• slowwwtm

"troubleshoot the exact issue your phone is having"

yeah yeah we all know how t-mobile troubleshooting steps work to any EXACT problems.

step 1: factory reset your phone.

step 2: didn't help? umm do you have an insurance? - no. Sorry kid, it's your problem now

• pghcraig

This update has destroyed my phone.

My phone will have 100% battery and stay up there for hours and then suddenly its warning me the phone will power off.

Other times the battery just drains and drains.... and I get a few hours.   The battery on this phone was terrible before.

The phone is great but it's battery issues since launch kill it, and I was hoping the marshmallow update would help not hurt the problem.

Why would t-mo release the 6.0 version of the update?   I ONLY updated because it was the 6.0.1 update.  Had I known, I never would have installed the version that had tons of known issues.

I can barely use my phone now, and factory reset did NOTHING to fix this.  I hold t-mobile accountable for advertising the wrong update.   If I cannot roll back, and no one can fix it, then you should be swapping my device for me and I'll just not install the bloody update.

• mjmarcial

Seriously?! How does T-Mobile issue 6.0 when there were more than documented issues and bugs? I also upgraded since I thought it was 6.0.1. and now I dont get text messages via the google messenger app and my battery life seems worse than before.

• whtman88

I haven't noticed any problems with any of my previously installed apps. I never used mesenger so I can't coment on that. My phone works smoother than before and is snappier. I love the way share works now as well. My battery life has not changed with use. The battery actually lasts longer when the phone sits in my pocket while I work. I am pleased with the 6.0 update LG provided. I did want the new emojis but I can wait for my next upgrade as this device is powerful enough to do everything I ask of it.

To all of you guys whining about "bugs" I started with Android before cupcake. This just keeps getting better. I can't wait to see "N"

John you are the man