chakram41

Would like to let Tmobile know that they are responsible to get these updates from Samsung on time and push to us on time than after a decade.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: To Android N for Note 4 when ?

Courts don't think so sadly. Also T-Mobile isn't always the last and they are not always the first. I hope if you ever switch because of these lack of updates you don't pick a phone that doesn't get updated last. It always changes every couple of years.

• chakram41

Thanks for looking in my Friend. If you view my post it directed to Samung for not updating timely on even an year old devices. Making this statement based on the time line of updates I have received from Date of purchase w.r.t. android version release date for newer  device release dates vs Note 4. My point is if TMOB strongly recommend Samsung to provide updates on time as they give for their Exonys or Other operators that's is fine. If we reach to Samsung on updates they say its TMOB device and they are not responsible for updates. TMOB say it's manufacturer Development.ay be the terminology have to be changed in this page to avoid confusion.  I mostly buy devices from manufacturers basically HTC or Moto or Apple.

With my HTC I ended up having a band that don't support AWS and some LTE bands that made me see some real world crazy things with TMOB network. So I was educated by all the reps to buy a device from TMOB. Till date I frankly don't have problem than irritating late updates from Samsung to this particular model than their newer devices and also TMOB for not releasing it on par with Sprint or ATT.

• tidbits

chakram41 wrote:

Thanks for looking in my Friend. If you view my post it directed to Samung for not updating timely on even an year old devices. Making this statement based on the time line of updates I have received from Date of purchase w.r.t. android version release date for newer  device release dates vs Note 4. My point is if TMOB strongly recommend Samsung to provide updates on time as they give for their Exonys or Other operators that's is fine. If we reach to Samsung on updates they say its TMOB device and they are not responsible for updates. TMOB say it's manufacturer Development.ay be the terminology have to be changed in this page to avoid confusion.  I mostly buy devices from manufacturers basically HTC or Moto or Apple.

With my HTC I ended up having a band that don't support AWS and some LTE bands that made me see some real world crazy things with TMOB network. So I was educated by all the reps to buy a device from TMOB. Till date I frankly don't have problem than irritating late updates from Samsung to this particular model than their newer devices and also TMOB for not releasing it on par with Sprint or ATT.

Samsung when they were working on the Galaxy S already contradicted what those low level reps told you from Samsung.  This hasn't changed, and recently other manufacturers came forward and said carriers has less control than what people believe they have.  Some even published timelines and it shows there are only 2 places where carriers are involved.  One is discussing what is contractually obligated, and not again until testing of the update.  Other than that carriers touch nothing at all.

Also the updates are not worked on by the same people and not at the same time.  That's why they are never finished all at the same time and go through testing at the same time as they have different requirements.  It is what it is.

Also today devices are starting to make one fits all by a lot of companies and it reduces costs.  However manufacturers put this fake line between carriers to ensure they can maximize their contract deals and lower the margin so they can make profits quicker.  Ever wonder why LG, and Samsung do not make unlocked phones for purchase in the US?  HTC, Motorola, Apple, Google, and Sony do which will work on almost all carriers.  Right now the HTC 10, 2015 Moto X, all iPhones since the iPhone 6, and Nexus 6 and higher work on all networks with all features on all carriers.  Samsung with the S7 has the potential, but of course you see that imaginary line they made right?  They all have the FCC code with sub codes to make a line as if they are different.