Update caused battery drain

nikkiekoala@gmail.com

I purchased the s7 edge on March 12th. On March 18th the security update was pushed to my phone. Over that day I noticed a huge decline in battery power! I chalked it up to doing the update earlier that day. I charged my phone like normal that night. Unplugged it around 8:30 the next morning and by noon the battery was down to 60% with very very light usage. A couple texts and about 20 min Facebook.  By 3 it was down to 40 % and by 7 it was 10%. Prior to the update I'd unplug at 7:00 a.m. use the phone pretty heavily all day... Texts, email, video, Facebook by 9:00 in the evening it would be about 40% left.  Two days after the update (the second day battery drain was even worse) I took the phone to tmobile to see if they had reports of this issue. (btw I did do partition cache wipe thinking it may had been a rogue setup file or something. No change) Anyway, since the update was only 2 days prior they hadn't had anyone with the problem. They looked over the phone did some checking of their own,  called cs for advice and came to the conclusion to exchange the phone being I was in the 14 day window. BTW while at the store the store manager who was helping me saw the battery drain 40% while it just sat on the counter.

I now have the new phone but now that same security update is nagging me to install it.  How can I get rid of the notifications? I am really afraid to try the update again on my new phone. My phones battery life is amazing! I get way over 24 hrs on a single charge. I don't want to screw that up and end up with a battery drain faster then my s6 edge had.

All replies