sabtech

I am writinig this article to address a problem that some customer may face when trying to bring an (Unlocked ATT Branded Samsung Gear S ) to T-Mobile and add it as a wearable plan.  I read scoured the web, read countless articles from people who were trying to accomplish this but they kept getting passed around from T-Mobile to ATT to Samsung when the problem is pretty darn simple but very convoluted.

First off, I cannot guarantee what I'm going to share with you will work in call cases.  I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DAMAGE YOU DEVICE OR LOCK IT OUT OR DO ANYTHING THAT MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY.  I AM ONLY SHARING MY EXPERIENCING IN ORDER TO HELP OTHERS THAT'S it

First if you plan on Unlocking a Gear S Smartwatch from ATT to bring to T-Mobile, realize you will only get 2g speeds (enough to make phone calls and get texts etc.) 

If you have not unlocked the device yet, do so using  cellunlocker.net ( it worked great  for me)

You will need your IMEI # which can be found by tying *#06# in the dialer on the watch and you will see a string of 15 digits with a / followed by two additional numbers. You ONLY need the FIRST 15 numbers that's it.

Once you received your unlock code, you will need to remove the ATT SIM card, place the T-Mobile SIM in and then enter you unlock code and you should receive a message that says ~CODE ACCEPTED`~ do no enter the code if it's wrong because you can end up permanently locking the device, exercise extreme caution.

Now you would think that it would just work right!! WRONG  And this is where things get tricky.

Remember you bringing over a ATT branded wearable to T-Mobile, it can make phone calls and do all sorts of nifty stuff, however you will not be able to get an actually wearable plan because you will receive a message stating that "The SIM for your wearable device has been placed into an ineligible device, SIM will be blocked until its placed back into the correct wearable device" 

FINALLY SOLUTION

When I went to the T-Mobile Store, I was working with the Representative and we discovered something!

The watch had to have a regular VOICE AND DATA SIM, the same type you put in a PHONE.  The wearable plan will not work with non T-Mobile Products even if they are unlocked, however you can bypass this by adding a phone line, which I did and the 4rth line was free for me under my promotion and guess what, I didn't pay a dim other than the SiM card kit.  Yes os you can bring your ATT locked Gears S , but make sure you add it as a another phone line instead, maybe just a data line or voice with limited data, but it will work that way.

I went to XDA developers website, I looked all over the web, I talked to numerous representatives and there was no details fix for this issue with the ATT Gear S model SM-R750A. So this is it, I hope this helps many people, don't give up on T-Mobile after all it's not their fault, it's new tech and many people don't yet know how to deal with it.

All replies

• kyutasyuko

Re: ATT Gear S MM#6 Phone Not Allowed Solution

I know I'm necroing a post that's several months old, but I just felt the need to point out that T-Mobile (and presumably most other carriers) has a database of the TAC codes of their wearables that the wearable plan will check to see if the device is "eligible" for said plan.

What this means is that if you bring your unlocked AT&T wearable to T-Mobile the TAC code from your AT&T wearable won't be in the T-Mobile database and will be flagged as ineligible.  That is the cause of the MM#6 error.  This is all presumably from a level three tech who also said they have no way to add TAC codes to the database.

The reason these databases were created was because people were using regular phones on the significantly cheaper wearable plans and this was their solution to it.  What would fix this issue is if all carriers used one master list of all wearables rather than keep their own list, but then again T-Mobile was charging $50 more for their Gear S than AT&T was so maybe it's really just all about money (when isn't it right?).

Felt the need to point that out in this thread just in case someone else stumbled upon it looking for a way to get their non-T-Moble wearable to work on a T-Moble wearable plan.

• tmo_chris

Re: ATT Gear S MM#6 Phone Not Allowed Solution