Issue with the Binge on

hunglai2234

Hello, recently i heard about the binge on thing and so I went to my account and enable it. I watched couple of tv episodes on Netflix and I thought it wouldn't use any of my data but when I check back, it wasted around 200MB of my internet data. Can domeone explain to me why? I have a note 3 btw.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Issue with the Binge on

Exactly what plan do you have? There is a date plan requirement. You need a 3GB or higher for it not to count your data for phones and 6GB for hotspot iirc. If you do not all it does it force 480P video which uses 1/3 the usage from the sources.

• hunglai2234

I have Simple Choice Family Plan with free talk and text and the Internet goes up to 2.5GB

• tidbits

That's where you have a problem.  You need to be on the 3GB or higher plan in order for it to not count against your data.

Binge On FAQs

How do I get it on my device? If I turn it off, can I turn it back on?

You don't have to do anything to get Binge On. With most T-Mobile plans, Binge On is already enabled automatically, so the resolution of your videos will be optimized to DVD-resolution and your high-speed data will last up to 3 times longer for video, unless a provider chooses to opt-out. And, if you’re on a qualifying 3 GB or higher T-Mobile plan and you’re streaming video from a participating provider, it doesn’t count against your high-speed data bucket.