$3 per month plan

blipped

Follow-up.....

T-Mobile website specify:

1)  $3.00 per month for 30 minutes/text.  Afterward, it is .10 cents per.

Does that really make sense?

2)  "Add a high-speed data pass.  Need high-speed data?  Our flexible passes will keep you streaming

and downloading at 4G LTE speeds, plus each pass includes Smartphone Mobile Hotspot."

$5/day: Daily pass - up to 500MB 4G LTE data;  $10/week:  Weekly pass - up to 1GB of 4G LTE data.

2a)   Where is it on 'My Account'?  Should not have to call 611, to hear something totally different.

$5/day means up to 500MB; but, $10/week, does not mean 1GB data.  It means 1 week of unlimited

talk & text. 

T-Mobile gaming?

All replies

• ttafamily

Re: $3 per month plan

Caveat: I'm a user with a $3/month plan. As far as I know:

1) With the $3/month plan, each minute costs you 10 cents. Each text message also costs you 10 cents.

2a) When I call 611 from the phone, I hear 3 options:

1. $5 for a 1 day pass allowing a max of 500MB of data
        2. $10 for a 1-week pass with unlimited talk and text but no data
        3. $10 for a 1-week pass with 1GB of data
        • smplyunprdctble

blipped wrote:

1)  $3.00 per month for 30 minutes/text.  Afterward, it is .10 cents per.

Does that really make sense?

Actually, Pay As You Go Phone Plans | Best Daily Prepaid Phone Plans | T-Mobile says "10 cents", not ".10 cents" -- there's a huge difference there.  Don't believe me?  Do a google search for "Verizon Math .002"

And, it does make sense.  You're getting a dime per minute or text, no matter what you refill with (previously it was a sliding scale and the only way you could get a dime per minute or text was to refill with $100.  If I recall correctly, the old rates $10 gave you 30 minutes, so you're saving a lot of money there if you were doing small minute refills.

2)  "Add a high-speed data pass.  Need high-speed data?  Our flexible passes will keep you streaming

and downloading at 4G LTE speeds, plus each pass includes Smartphone Mobile Hotspot."

$5/day: Daily pass - up to 500MB 4G LTE data;  $10/week:  Weekly pass - up to 1GB of 4G LTE data.

What's wrong with this?  They're encouraging you to buy the "better packages" -- it's no different than going to the movie theater and it's twenty cents more for six times the amount of popcorn.  Also, 500MB in a day is a lot - way overkill, but possibly necessary in emergencies.  1GB a week is "generally" normal data use (I use about 4GB/mo, which translates to 1GB/week)

blipped wrote:

2a)   Where is it on 'My Account'?  Should not have to call 611, to hear something totally different.

$5/day means up to 500MB; but, $10/week, does not mean 1GB data.  It means 1 week of unlimited

talk & text.

On Demand Data Passes suggests the navigation in My Account.

• ttafamily

On Demand Data Passes does not apply to the pre-paid $3/month plan, as per tmo_mike_c in this thread:

The specified item was not found.

To add a data pass while on the pre-paid $3/month plan, you have to dial 611 from your phone.

• blipped

Amazingly, I caught the attention of smplyunprdctble!  Just can't resist.

$3 per month is a waste of space.  All T-Mobile had to display was .10 cents per talk

and text (basic).  Preferably, T-Mo should not have changed the plans. 

On a scholar's point of view (smply), .10 cents (or $0.10), should be 10 cents.  Is their

really a difference?  Of all references....Verizon. 

Last time I went to a movie theater?  Somewhere in the 1990's. No comparison there.

On Demand Pass?  Agree with ttafamily 100%!  Now what smply?  

• smplyunprdctble

Again, not .10 cents.  There's a HUGE difference -- like 100 fold.  .10cents and $.10 are NOT the same thing.

And, $3 isn't a waste of space -- There are plenty of people who use less than 30 minutes/texts per month.  I'm imagining this was to encourage those folks to use minutes.  Get them addicted to use more.  Kinda like crack, but better for teeth