Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge BOGO FAQ's not avialable online anymore? Unable to register Tmobile account online with account number?

warners

The FAQ's regarding the BOGO promo for the Glaxy S7 and S7 Edge, is no longer available on line.

People that have already ordered these devices with the BOGO offer should have access to the FAQ's regarding this promotion.

Please make available the FAQs for the S7 & S7 Edge available online or available to be sent to our email.

Honestly this is the sort of stuff that should have been sent to us via email with our order in the first place.

People that have made a phone purchase through T-mobile should be able to create a T-mobile account without a phone number. There should be a way to create a T-mobile account with account number as well as phone numbers. When new customers order popular new phones that are delayed due to large order request a way to create the online account should be available to us via our account number as we cant use a phone number to create the online account until we receive our phones.

Without setting up the online account, we are very limited in the type of support we can receive the type of documents that can be sent to us and lack a quick method of being able to look up information regarding our orders and order status.

Please add the option to register for T-mobile account on line to include our account number as it is impossible for us to register via telephone number until we receive our phones.

There have been several instances when calling various Tmobile support departments they were unable to send me documents regarding my order because I couldn't register my Tmobile account online.

I've got to say this is not a good way to welcome a potential new customer after we have already made a purchase. Being told that we can't be sent documents cause we don't have our Tmobile online account created and not giving us a method of doing this without a phone number. I was given my account number there should be a process for us to register our Tmobile account using our account number while waiting to receive our phones.

When Items are ordered with promo's the FAQs regarding the promos should be sent to us and be available online.

All replies

• tidbits

If you have the account number you should be able to get your phone numbers and YOU don't need an account to submit the order just the telephone number.

• tidbits

If you ported from another carrier then the number you used to port is the number you need to sign up for.

T-Mobile Promotions

• warners

The problem is I am a new Tmobile customer. I ordered the S7 edge on the BOGO offer. Basically I cant register for Tmobile account without a phone number and I cant get a phone number until i receive the device.

I already have the items on order so I have an account number and an account with Tmobile. However I can't register for online account with my account number which is just silly. These phones delayed due to a huge amounts of orders. Tmobile should provide a method to set up online access to their account via account number.

Without registering thew online account almost all of the departments are unable to email us information we request regarding our order. I was told many times I'm sorry we cant send you information via email till you register your account online. I told them I have a Tmobile account number and my email is located in my account information. I can't register my account online without a phone number as I haven't received the phones yet. Was told sorry until you register our department can't send you information via email.

Hence my request for new customers that are waiting on devices that are delayed we should be allowed to register for our online account using our account number as we have no way of entering a phone number.

• tidbits

You do not have to register for a My T-Mobile account to use the BOGO. You can get the number from CS care with your account number your last 4 I believe. If you Ported your number from another carrier you already have your telephone number. Your temp number doesn't matter.

• tidbits

FYI a simple Google search you can get the answers to your questions.

Exactly what questions do you have?

• warners

1) I already have my BOGO deal did you not read what I wrote I am unable to have CS send me info to my email without a registered account.

2) Yes I did a search for BOGO FAQs for the Tmobile specific bogo deal it doesnt exist as it was taken down from the website. If you are able to find a link to the exact BOGO FAQs for Tmobile 7S / 7S Edge that has all the conditions for the deal, I will worship the ground you walk on.

--------

1) Simple fact if I have made a purchase and have a contract with Tmobile I should be able to view my account info as soon as the contract starts which in this case In can't because the phones are back ordered, if you do google search you will see where a lot of peoples orders that was supposed to take 10 to 14 days got extended. In other words it could take a month and I will not be able to view my account details. If they plan to going to do phone preorders without first establishing an account they need to provide the ability to register our account on line with our account number. I have an account number but I cant access it online. Get it?

2) Porting phone numbers yes I understand about porting phone numbers. Do you?

a) Always port your number before ending service with your old carrier. Why if you cancel your serviuce with your old carrier you can lose your number. When you no longer with that carrier getting them to port your number becomes very difficult.

b) Never port your number to new provider before you have your phone. Why? because you wil not beable to sue your number till you get your phone.

c) I said multiple times that the phone I ordered is back ordered there is a huge delay that is going beyond the normal time why would you recommend me to port my number when it would cause me to be without service for 2 weeks to a month.

3) When there is a promotion or special deal and contracts are involved people who purchased under such contact are legally supposed to have access for the terms of said promotion and contract, which is supposed to be provided by the people offering the deal on a purchased item. It was taken down and they have not created a new link for the FAQs they are in violation of legal requirements. I challenge you to find it cause support even verified tyhat it was taken down and they don';t have a link for one which is in legal violation.

The department that has the original FAQ info said they cant email to me but they can send it to my account. which falls back to 1) I cant set up an account cause i don't have a number and they cant create a number for me till I get my phones. I have an account number but have noi way of directly accessing the information for that account. They need to provide a way for people to set register their account viua their account number.

Ok I don't think I can explain the situations any better than this.

• tidbits

warners wrote:

1) I already have my BOGO deal did you not read what I wrote I am unable to have CS send me info to my email without a registered account.

2) Yes I did a search for BOGO FAQs for the Tmobile specific bogo deal it doesnt exist as it was taken down from the website. If you are able to find a link to the exact BOGO FAQs for Tmobile 7S / 7S Edge that has all the conditions for the deal, I will worship the ground you walk on.

--------

1) Simple fact if I have made a purchase and have a contract with Tmobile I should be able to view my account info as soon as the contract starts which in this case In can't because the phones are back ordered, if you do google search you will see where a lot of peoples orders that was supposed to take 10 to 14 days got extended. In other words it could take a month and I will not be able to view my account details. If they plan to going to do phone preorders without first establishing an account they need to provide the ability to register our account on line with our account number. I have an account number but I cant access it online. Get it?

2) Porting phone numbers yes I understand about porting phone numbers. Do you?

a) Always port your number before ending service with your old carrier. Why if you cancel your serviuce with your old carrier you can lose your number. When you no longer with that carrier getting them to port your number becomes very difficult.

b) Never port your number to new provider before you have your phone. Why? because you wil not beable to sue your number till you get your phone.

c) I said multiple times that the phone I ordered is back ordered there is a huge delay that is going beyond the normal time why would you recommend me to port my number when it would cause me to be without service for 2 weeks to a month.

3) When there is a promotion or special deal and contracts are involved people who purchased under such contact are legally supposed to have access for the terms of said promotion and contract, which is supposed to be provided by the people offering the deal on a purchased item. It was taken down and they have not created a new link for the FAQs they are in violation of legal requirements. I challenge you to find it cause support even verified tyhat it was taken down and they don';t have a link for one which is in legal violation.

The department that has the original FAQ info said they cant email to me but they can send it to my account. which falls back to 1) I cant set up an account cause i don't have a number and they cant create a number for me till I get my phones. I have an account number but have noi way of directly accessing the information for that account. They need to provide a way for people to set register their account viua their account number.

Ok I don't think I can explain the situations any better than this.

Exactly what question do you have about the promotion?  You already claimed it so exactly what are you looking for?  Ask the questions and it could be answered.

Also T-Mobile has no contracts so there is no start and end date.  Technically speaking if wanted to say the terms and conditions is said contract then it doesn't start until you have your phones.  Also from what I remember the port doesn't actually happen until you get your devices not when you purchase them.  Also just by registering by account number causes security risks. They require the phone specifically to send you a temp password to you.

• warners

I want to know why we cant get access to the original terms for the BOGO deal.

What I was hoping was there may be a link I do not know about or support would have read this by now and realize that they are out side of legal requirements to provide easy access to Terms of contact and promotions that are tied to the contract by website search or upon request.

Yes I have contacted promo support department, the department that has the information i need can send it to my account which i can't access because i don't have a phone number yet and and for some crazy reason they cant send it to my email address even tho it is annotated in my account.

Yes I do in fact have a contract for the device in monthly payments the contact stands till. No Tmobile does not have service contracts they do however have device contacts when you do not pay for the full value up front but pay in monthly installments. Technically my contract already started as I had to view and agree to the terms of the contract yet they are unable to provide me with the contract including the terms of the bogo deal witch in America is very illegal.

Port can happen at the time of purchase tho most people that know better would never do this as they would not be able to send or receive calls from and to that number till they receive and set up the phone the option to port was available at time of purchase on line. Most certainly not something someone should do when a device is known to take 2 weeks to a month or longer to receive.

Registering by account number is by no means a security risk. You set up a email with customer support when you need to access information or they need to add notes to it. When you set up by account number the information and link to receive temp password via the registered email or a link to the website to set up your email. This is what banks do and believe me they have a lot more security concern and protocols than a phone company.

-------

They are required by law to send or make available the exact conditions regarding contracts and terms regarding that contract and promotions if any are tied to the contract that was displayed at the time of purchase. Due to some over site they did not provide the terms that was taken down form the sales section of the website and move it to the support side of the website where people that have purchased for the deal can search for in the support section. Also due to the restrictions in the system they are unable to email it which is also in violation of laws in the US.

The information currently can only be provide if the person has registered their account which people that are not already with Tmobile are unable to do till they receive the phones. So they need to either make the information available by search in support section. Have the ability to email the information to people that are not able to register their account until they receive the device. But honestly it should have been sent out with the invoice in the first place or there should be a link on the invoice that takes them to the page that displays that information.

This is not rocket science they are legally bound to provide the information I am asking for and after over 15 calls and even more transfers to different departments i have still not received a method or the information requested. Honestly at this point i should just call the Better Business Bureau and notify them of the violation of federal and state laws and that they are refusing to provide me with the information requested on numerous occasions. If they are unable to or refuse to provide me with this information by tomorrow this is the only option left to me I don't see any other recourse.

• tidbits

Promotion isn't tied to a contract.

Look up Equipment Installment plan for your terms.

As for the promotion you said it yourself they are outside the legal scope then you say they have to provide it... so which is it are they or are they not?

As I said before as far as the BOGO goes they already fulfilled the legal requirements when the promotion ended it no longer needs to be displayed and those who took advantage of it should have read the terms when it was being offered and had the chance to print it up. The promotion provider can provide the terms after the fact but are not legally required to.

• tidbits

Also you should have gotten your EIP terms and PDF when you placed your order whether in store(physical copy), over the phone and online you had to go online and had multiple opportunities to print it up. If you had the old email you should be able to use the link to get the print out.

• warners

You know what I'll take this as a sign that Tmobile is a company not to go with.

And yes they are legally required to as I talked to a supervisor he admitted as such and that they are working on it.

I think you should probably research what you tell people if you plan on offering advice.

He also agreed that for new customers doing pre orders and special offers that are likely to extend 2 week to a month or longer they should have an option to register their account without a phone number.

The people at customer service have been great how ever they are inhibited from helping due to the system they currently have in place and some of this is new and they are working on the issues i brought up.

The problem is the two things specified would be so easy to implement if upper management 1 reads this and realize they are going to lose potential customers because of this.

Also I wasn't able to make a copy of the BOGO terms as I started the process on the 16th prior to 12 am and completed the deal on the 17th around 1 am. Thew information was already gone. I was told to contact main support when talking to the promo department as they could only send the information to my account and couldn't send it to my email.. Main support had no way to send the exact terms as the promo department had access to it tho they could send me email directly did not have access to the original terms.

When a company has policies that keep individual department from sending information to each other so you can receive the information and cant do something as send information regarding the terms of agreement then something is seriously wrong when they fix these issues i may in the future decide to but honestly this is unacceptable I have never ever had a company unable to or refuse to send complete information regarding promo and terms and fact to people that place orders. In fact I have never ever seen where such faqs were no available upon search in the support section.

By the way if I lend you a hundred dollars and ask you to pay me back 20 dollars ever month till it is paid off and you agree that is a verbal contract. If we put it in agreement it is a writen contract. Go research a little before commenting on things you know nothing about I seriously doubt you are a Tmobile representative or employee that can say such things as to what they are obligated and not obligated to do or what i should or shouldn't have done.

Yes I had good credit they are providing equipment to me with a small advance and an agreed upon monthly payment for the equipment until it is paid off that is in fact a contract. Forget the BOGO offer and the VR Gear that I may or may not get based on the speculative wording on it and especially with customers of Tmobile like you are and not one representative responding to this request does not seem like the company I want to be tied with.

If you think it is ok for a company to not provide or make available terms of sale and contract then that's your prerogative in my books it isn't right. I'll just go buy a straight up unlocked phone from amazon where things are up front and if the seller does not meet their claims amazon will correct the situation.

If your intention was to try and convince me of not using Tmobile your doing a very good job.

• theartiszan

The terms were made available during the time of the promotion no? They are not obligated to keep them up after the promotion is over. This is in part not to confuse people that they can get that promotion after it is over. And verbal communication from any representative carries little weight regardless of the carrier. The rep can't tell you something and have their company obligated to follow through. It's is the terms for all carriers if you read them.

• warners

Just want to tank you for confirming my concerns, I canceled my order. Not willing to do business with a company that is incapable or unwilling to do something as simple as provide the information regarding the promos. A hard copy should be available upon request for the protection of the customer. Being verbaly told the information is just hearsay and not evidence and it draws a red flag.

Wanted to give Tmobile the benefit of doubt but reading the numerous issue some people have had and my recent issues over the last few days for something as simple as being provided or having access to the faqs regarding the very promotion I made the purchase for raises too many red flags and BOGO and a VR headset isn't worth the possible issues that can follow after.

Reading the type of responses here in support making it seem as I am unreasonable for requesting information that protects me as a customer just raises even more flags.

People at support friendly and helpful Tmobile policies leave a lot to be desired. I just feel sorry for the support people that have to deal with the issues Tmobile business unethical policies and practice creates for them.

If anyone from support reads this thanks for your efforts. If upper management read this I hope you can convince policies to change.

Have a good one.

• theartiszan

You do realize that we do not work for T-Mobile and are other customers like you.

Did you call support and ask them? I bet you can get the information of needed, we just don't have it.But good on you speak with your wallet if you are unhappy. From my knowledge though, no carrier keeps promotion details online after the promotion ended at all. So I wouldn't expect that to be different with another provider.

• warners

I normally just buy unlocked phone to start with to avoid complications of contracts.

I contacted support many times which raised red flags which led me to do more research on the company with recent complaints, this is not to say that there are not a lot or maybe even more happy customers than dissatisfied customers. And it is an amazing deal and started out with me willing to give Tmobile the consideration of doing what I have not done in years. Personally I have had great service from various criers but I have also had some really bad issues of getting over charged and having to wait beyond an acceptable amount of time before being refunded for being over charged and having to go through endless cycles of being transferred from one department to another. Which I was running into from day one which most of them eventually being resolved by some amazingly helpful support people. By observing the process over the last three days I could see that there is a deliberate loop not by the support people but by the policies they have to follow. I've worked support before I know the process I was already starting to feel uncomfortable when after three days I was unable to get a hard copy of the terms for the promo that was the last red flag that told me it's not worth the risk, I don't like to gamble. It's unethical for a company to with hold that information just on that principle alone was enough for me to decide to back out.

I have ordered many things online with promos. There has not been a single instance after placing the order where I could not find the information regarding the rules for promos. I have usually always been able to find them with a simple search in the support section of who ever I was ordering from, and most definitely if i was having a hard time finding the information and requested it be sent to me I have never had a company unable to or refuse to do so. granted this is the first time I have ever tried to get a promo for a phone.

After having doubts I read some nightmare stories of people being charged for return items that was documented as received by Tmobile and people still being charged long after the items were received by them and a long time for those charges to be reversed. It would be enough of a night mare on 1 item not willing to take a chance on two items.

I travel a lot internationally and an unlocked phone is required. Yes providers have roaming services in other countries but in places like Nepal, Laos Vietnam and Thailand... often those countries the extended service provide by us companies don't work well due to the fact they have few towers I normally end up having to get a sim and service from those countries for adequate coverage. I just cant take the risk after spending  a lot of money on a phone there is a chance i could have issues getting it unlocked.

It's unethical for a company to withhold information regarding a promotion tied into an order it doesn't matter how many phone companies do that. Most other business at least the ones I deals with do not do such things or I would refain from giving them money as well.

There is a good chance everything could have turned out ok just cant afford to take that risk with the amount of complaints I found in just the last month. If they change the way they do business in the future I might reconsider but for know looks like I will stick to the buy a factory unlocked phone and prepaid service. I can always carry a mobile modem for my wifi needs wile moving about. It's a shame cause I would have been a along time customer with their unlimited plan had things worked out.

Do a search for Samsung vr promo you will see it is still available even the ones that are expired. They had issues with more back orders than they expected so they extended the registration date for March 31st to April 15th, call Samsung and tell them to email you the information on the prom they will or at the very least tell you where you can find it that's how a company should do business. That's just an example.

it's an ethics thing if i get caught speeding i don't try to get out of it if a cop wrongfully accuses me of something i didn't do I will goto court just on the principle thats how i do business. I will support a business that conducts in a ethical way i will not support one that doesn't, it's as simple as that.

• warners

Yes that's the one TY.

Didn't even think about trying google catch system, smart thinking.

Unfortunately I am canceling my order. While the deal is good this whole process has left concerns on how Tmobile conducts business which is unfortunate. As soon as I called them to tell them I was wanting to cancel the order due to them not providing me with the requested information. Then mysteriously my order which was processed on the last day with expected delivery of the 30th was processed shortly after for immediate shipment. Which is very aggressive sales tactics. Contacted the department that was connected with the order status and asked them why they processed my order when I wanted to cancel it and how it was mysteriously available for shipment when I expressed that i wanted the order cancelled. Person apologized and and said there is nothing he can do as it has already been shipped. Which wasn't true then and still isn't true now it is just marked as electric label created and is sitting at the ware house 9 hours later.. I told him it hasn't been shipped it is at your warehouse it says so at ups and I also confirmed with them prior to calling you folks. Told me to hold why he checked and he said your right it hasn't been shipped yet. I told him I want my order canceled it hasn't left your ware house yet please tell them not to ship and complete my canceled order. This was the supervisor by the way. I then call another support department and ask them why was my order processed when I expressed i wanted to cancel the order and I want the shipment stopped she informed me that there was nothing they could do. I'm sorry but as good as the offer is not willing to take a chance on a company that rushes shipment to keep me from canceling when my que is way behind other people. She said you can send it back to us after you receive it. She told me I should open the package and use the return label, who knows maybe there is a return label inside but I have never received an item with a return label already inside the package. That was an attempt to get me to open the box and have it logged that I received the order and opened the box. I replied I won't open the box I will refuse the order I already notified that I canceled the order and the item was not shipped yet and they are refusing to cancel my order they advised me to not accept the package or open it and request return to sender which is what I was thinking was the safe thing to do completely opposite of Tmobile suggestion.

So I told the rep at tmobile I told you folks I wanted to cancel the item mysteriously shows up as shipped shortly after I again ask to cancel the order and to halt the shipment at the warehouse they refused. I told the I will be refusing the package and return to sender as advised by UPS. They were surprised that Tmobile wouldn't just stop shipment if i request a canceled order and it had not been processed out yet. So another call to Tmobile they told me we will not process the charge we are sorry we cant stop the shipment and that it was processed for shipping even tho you expressed you desire to cancel or how your shipment was moved up so quickly when you ordered it on the last day of the offer. I was told that they would wait 72 hours to process the charge and that if they receive the package back withing 72 hours they would hold the charge with full refund and no restocking fee or tax charge. Called up my bank to find out that there was a pending charge already.

Looking on line I find a lot of these types of issues just in the month of Feb 2016. It hasnt gone through yet so I really hope they stick to their word but my concern now is for a package they said was already shipped and they couldn't stop it is still sitting in their warehouse 9 hours later. Confirmed with UPS just in case tracker was not updated they said they have not received the package yet. If the package keeps getting delayed I wont be able to meet that 72 hour period.

This is unbelievable I have never had this level of difficulty with a company before. Unwilling to provide link or an email with the bogo terms and faqs after three days of request. Rushing a order to ship when I was towards the end of the que priority to keep me from cancelling. Refusing to stop shipment for an item that hasn't been shipped yet tho i have repeatedly asked them to cancel the order. Maybe this is a fluke but too many thing going wrong since the start for me to stay

I hope they honor what they said that they cancel the order as promised when receiving the product back unopened for a full refund. If they do I will come back and thank them for honoring their agreement. I sincerely hope this is a fluke and other people are not experiencing what I am.

I also do like that we can't contact and exchange dialog through email with support, where we can have agreements documented. This is also a first have never had a situation where I could not contact customer support through email with our concerns.

BTW thanks for providing that link.