how does this work??

dgriff

Just curious as to how this map works. Does it include wifi calling or only tge network? This is where im moving to in April and the map is Pink amd says 4G LTE. Calls work outdoors amd maybe indoors. The thing is i dont get any service anywhere with in a half hour drive from there. So im just curious as to how it works. Thanks.

PhotoGrid_1458456675151-1.jpg

All replies

• tidbits

Re: how does this work??

Where are you and are you in an extended range area with a device that supports it? Also are you on prepaid?

• dgriff

La Grange, California. According to the map yes its is an extended area. I have S6 Edge. No not pre paid. I know its not an extended area. Its a small town. Just wondering why the coverage map has it lit up pink and also says there is 4G LTE lol

• tidbits

Coverage maps are estimated in most cases without actually using phones from a 3rd party company (FCC requirement). Sometimes something recently constructed may cause a Faraday effect in some areas where the map was before there. Best to send a trouble ticket to T-Mobile and see if their engineers may find something wrong with the tower site. It may be the area may have extended LTE but there is a problem with it for example.

• dgriff

I was think it was an estimation but its so far off. I should check in to it like you said. Rootmetrics says that AT&T really improved in the more populated cities near there and show that they dontvh6 sevice where ill be but i dont think so. I know Verizon dors for sure though. They seem to get reception EVERYWHERE lol. Thank you for the advice and info.