Very slow LTE speeds

methodman567

I barely got T-Mobile 10GB data yesterday, talk and text work great but I speed test the data on LTE and i only get 0.13 down and about 0.10 up, wondering if this can be fixed?

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Very slow LTE speeds

Where are you having this problem? What phone are you using?

Many areas experience problems at certain time (e.g. lunch hour) when a lot of people decide that it's time to check Facebook, etc. It can be very location-specific. Certain cells can become saturated while nearby cells have capacity to spare.

• methodman567

im located in Chicago, and the phone I'm using is the iPhone 6 Plus that was originally from ATT but I unlocked it.

• drnewcomb2

Chicago is one of T-Mobile's "problem" markets. Limited bandwidth and no low-band. Your phone does not have band-12 (700 MHz) which T-Mobile doesn't have in Chicage, so you're not missing anything, for now.  Not much more that either you or T-Mobile can really do about it, for the time being. You can live with it, find WiFi hotspots or switch carriers. Sorry I don't have a fix for your problem. T-Mobile is well aware that Chicago has problems.