brightsky1120@yahoo.com

I have a prepaid $50 a month card and my date always changes depending when it charges. I didn't receive my notice until last minute and realized it's due on the 14th this time. My account says it'll be charged on the 14th but I plan on going and buying a card tomorrow. Will this still be counted as late? I know on another prepaid service provider I was still able to pay on charge date and still be okay with service and billing.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

With prepaid, there's no such thing as "late" -- you're either funded or not.

When there's no funds in the account (or your month has run out), your line is unusable until you add funds, whether it's an auto-charge, or buying a refill card, or what.

The only 'penalty' is the possibility of your phone being turned off for this period until you get the refill added.  And, if you're late (a day, a week, a month), your new cycle starts as of the fill date.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • snn_555

I found this:

Additional Terms for Prepaid Customers

Your T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance, if sufficient, or your active prepaid plan, gives you access to our prepaid Service for a limited amount of time; you must use your prepaid Service during the designated period of availability. To use our prepaid Service you must have a T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance for pay as you go service or be on an active prepaid plan. Service will be suspended when your account balance reaches zero and/or you are at the end of the time period associated with your prepaid plan. Monthly plan features are available for 30 days, however, depending on the time of day that you activate your Service or that your Service expires, your service cycle may not equal 30 full 24 hour days. Your monthly plan will automatically renew at the end of 30 days if you have a sufficient T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance to cover your prepaid Service plan before the first day after your service cycle. If you do not have a sufficient T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance, your prepaid Service will be suspended unless you move to a pay as you go plan. If you do not reinstate prepaid Service within the required period based upon your service plan, your phone number will be reallocated. The Charges for Service and the amount of time that Service is available following activation of your prepaid Service account balance may vary; see your Rate Plan for more information. Prepaid Service is non-refundable (even if returned during the Cancellation Period), and no refunds or other compensation will be given for unused airtime balances, lost or stolen prepaid cards, or coupons. You will not have access to detailed usage records or receive monthly bills. Coverage specific to our prepaid Service may be found at http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-coverage and differs from coverage related to our postpaid Service.

Here:

T-Mobile Terms and Conditions

So basically, you have to have funds in the account before time expires.  So, you can pay on the charge date, but given what time of day you activated, you may or may not have a full 24 hours worth of service left in that day.  If service is due to renew on the 14th, funds need to be in ideally by the 13th, but like was said, if you pay on the 14th, do so early.  I know by the time you see this reply it might be past that period, but just for future reference.

There is no grace period on prepaid.  No late fee either I do not believe.  No funds, no service.

1 of 1 people found this helpful