judithb

How to activate advanced messaging on lg g4?

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Advanced messaging on lg g4

Do you have VOLTE in your area? It should be on as long as you have VOLTE. Now with that in mind. The person you are sending and receiving from also needs to be in a VOLTE are and also have a device that support it.

• tidbits

Wanted to add you can't use 3rd party messaging apps.

• judithb

I don't want it to add. Is because with the Marshmallow update on my lg g4, advanced messaging appear on my messaging settings, but I don't know how to use it.

• snn_555

It basically works automatically.  But only with another T-Mobile user for now, and they must also have the ability to use AM.  You can check settings by going to the stock messenger app and tapping the 3 vertical dots at the top right of the main screen with all the message threads on it.  You will see Advanced Messaging on the next screen.

• tidbits

Use it like normally would. The only difference really is the size you can send.

Normal messages has a file size of 1MB. Advanced Messaging has a limit of 10MB. You can send decent sized video messages at higher quality than before.

You can turn off the read notifications in the settings if you don't want people to know if you read their messages or not. Lol I turned mine off because my wife might get mad if I don't respond right away especially if she saw I had read it lol.

To turn it off you have to turn off Voice over LTE.

• judithb

How can I find out if I have VoLTE service in my area?