rbryinc

I have been with T-Mobile 14 years so I feel if nothing else I have the right to complain about the total amateuristic way they run this company.

1: Web site says order now, nowhere does it say preorder just says order

2: I do a jump upgrade, they charge me tax say being sent next day(3/1)

3: on 3/1 states order being processed, on 3/2 states order being processed, I call am told it is back ordered

how is a phone that is not even suppose to be released back ordered, yes I understand the concept that pre orders out weighed stock, I DO NOT understand why a phone that is not suppose to be released till the 10th was sent early and now normal long T-Mobile customers has no idea when they will get the phone.If they stated they were going to release early I would have ordered early.  When something is listed with a release date stupid me to think it would actually be released on that date.

If a phone is up for preorder then it should state PREORDER NOW, not ORDER.  If a phone is back ordered they should not send you a note that it was being sent the next day only to show being processed.  IF it is back ordered it should state back ordered not being processed for weeks, how long does it actually take to process something.  I know people with more patience then I might think I am getting a little carried away but THIS is what causes people to leave companies.They basically told me a minimum of three or more total non truths/ AKA LIES. 

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: T-Mobile S7 Edge?

Apparently people have been getting their devices early (for whatever reason).

People who JUMP are put in the front of the line for preorders (it's a perk they pay monthly for).

Their online systems don't have real time inventory.  There's web orders, phone orders, in store orders -- all are on their own system (security reasons), so when they get consolidated, where a system thought it would have enough orders, it didn't.

Also, are you REALLY complaining that a phone that isn't supposed to be released until the end of next week isn't in your hands?

• rbryinc

No, I am complaining about all the things that are totally not accurate.  If an object is for pre order it should state pre order not shop now.  IF there is not stock then they should not send you a notice that your out of stock product that is not really being released for 10 days is being shipped to you tomorrow.  I am a customer it is not my job to translate T-Mobiles website.  Their information should be accurate, it is not.

• tidbits

The other carriers are going through the same thing.  Mixed logistics with their own inventories.

AT&T and Sprint started shipping there's and people who ordered before some other people are livid about it.  Verizon isn't shipping but the shipping dates keep changing and people are livid at the fact some of them say 3/31 before it ships.  I find the Verizon forum more fun.

• rbryinc

And I don't get it, it is not like this is the first phone everyone ever released. By now they should have their act together

• tidbits

The problem is they are not using their logistics.  It's not cost effective.  If you look where all these phones are coming from.  They all employed UPS to handle their preorders.  When the order comes in they send them to UPS to package and ship the orders from their warehouses in KY.  If carriers did it themselves the shipping costs would probably be 2-3 times more than what they are paying now.

• rbryinc

I understand and agree, still does not explain why there web site says order now instead of preorder and also does not explain why when I placed the order they gave me a ship date the next day. Where or how they ship has nothing to do with their site stating order as opposed to pre order

• tidbits

It's how the system is coded. I can tell you now the other carriers are exactly the same way.  Verizon has everything set to the 11th, and when Verizon tried to change things internally everyone ended up getting a delayed March 31 delayed.  People were livid lol.  We all know it isn't supposed to be out until the 11th.  If it comes early for some sure it will make some people salty, but that honestly has to do with UPS logistics than T-Mobile.

• rbryinc

I work for a Fortune 500 company and we deal with all the big box retailers.If I had as little information or as inaccurate information when they got in touch with me that T-Mobile has we would be out of business.  I called today to check up on my phone, while I was talking to them and they were telling me the phone was back ordered and that they are not showing it shipping till the 10th I received a text with a shipping number.  Say what you want but T-Mobile does not have a clue as to what is going on.

• tidbits

Do you do your own logistics or do you outsource it?  Doesn't matter if Fortune 500 or not.  Logistics things can and do go wrong.  I bet things happen in your company more often than you know, but it's business as usual.

• rbryinc

We d o not outsource anything, and you know why, because when you do crap like this happens

• tidbits

rbryinc wrote:

We d o not outsource anything, and you know why, because when you do crap like this happens

I am willing to bet this stuff still happens when you don't outsource logistics. People are not perfect and the systems people run are not perfect because of it.  This gives room for error.  I bet if we look at recent history of the company you work for and ask every customer we'd find this happened on more than one handful of occasions.

• rbryinc

Oh, stuff happens and you lose customers because of it.  T-Mobile is really the worst at accuracy of information.  If you called 5 times you would get 5 different stories.  They really and truly do not have a clue. This is a very competitive industry and there really is a need to have the best customer service you can, have half truths as well as total inaccurate information does not help.

• stevetjr

And I guess all the awards for customer service and etc are just figments of their imagination??  They are obviously doing something right for most of their customers. Some I guess will never be satisfied.....

Wireless Customer Care Full Service Study

2015 Volume 2 – “Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance among Full Service Wireless Providers”

2014 Volume 2 – “Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance among Full Service Wireless Providers”

recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute (2015, seven year consecutive win)

Consumer Reports ranks T-Mobile as No. 1 carrier - Dec. 3, 2015

• rbryinc

Yea, I believe everything I read as well, just yesterday there were 50 different post stating every company was the one that has the fastest speed.  When people in my family are sick instead of going to the doctor we just google search it because no one lies, right?  You think that might be why we have an unusual death rate and no one ever gets better?

• stevetjr

Well this isn't from Google, this is from my phone in West Cobb (Atlanta).  If I am under 35Mbps I think that is now slow that is how warped my speed curve has gotten from T-Mobile speed here in Atlanta.

Screenshot_2016-01-11-18-46-02.png

• smplyunprdctble

So, this reminds me of a purchase I made a few years back from Woot.

I think it was from Woot Wine.  Possibly not, but maybe.  I don't fully recall.  Which subset of Woot doesn't matter.

I got a shipment notification from Woot, along with a tracking number.  It took about a week before any activity happened with the tracking number.

Why?

Because Woot printed the shipping labels in Carrolton, TX, then sent them to California where the source of the product put the labels on boxes, and then shipped them out.

So, no.  Just because a label has been generated with a tracking number doesn't mean something is immediately being shipped.

• snn_555

rbryinc wrote:

I work for a Fortune 500 company and we deal with all the big box retailers.If I had as little information or as inaccurate information when they got in touch with me that T-Mobile has we would be out of business. 

Yet all these companies remain in business despite them having little to no accurate information.

• stevetjr

rbryinc wrote:

I understand and agree, still does not explain why there web site says order now instead of preorder and also does not explain why when I placed the order they gave me a ship date the next day. Where or how they ship has nothing to do with their site stating order as opposed to pre order

Actually the ship day does and it is a problem when more and more companies go to 3rd party logistics like UPS, FedEx and others.  When UPS thinks there is or knows inventory in coming in they generate a shipping label unfortunately that triggers a change in status in T-Mobiles (and others for that matter) website because as far as it is concerned the tracking number being generated signals shipped. That's why I never really on a companies site but have a free MyUPS account that as soon as a label is generated for my address I get an email and then track it from there. UPS has a bunch of logistic warehouses near or on the property of their main hub in Louisville (SDF) where they do all this logistics services for other companies. It is however not attached to the ship center so they will prepare, label and accumulate then transfer them across the property to the actual sort facility where they are directed to either ground transportation or air depending on service and/or location.

As for release date this is nothing new, both the Note 5, S6e+, GS6, GSe all pre-shipped early and the initial carrier launch announcements said they would start shipping them as soon as Samsung delivered them. For the most part now release date has really become "in store" release date and/or guaranteed release by date. Rumor has it that T-Mobile (UPS facility) is expecting a shipment today or tomorrow from Samsung.

• rbryinc

By the way, you can argue this point forever but customers "in the know" are not the majority and it is not my place as a customer to research this all to understand it.  I am a customer of T-Mobile, it is T-Mobiles job to give their customers accurate information not the customers job to figure it out.  If T-Mobiles site states an item has shipped why on earth should someone not assume it has? Your points are correct and justified I just feel it is the companies job to give accurate information not the customers job to have to research what they mean.  They have no issue taking my money, would they let me pay them thru a 3rd party?  If I state I paid does that mean well you will receive my money in three days all I did was send the email

• snn_555

tidbits wrote:

I find the Verizon forum more fun.

I find it sadly entertaining.

• azmaestro

I wouldn't be upgrading to the s7 edge if T-mobile employees hadn't abandoned my s4 when my phone decided to stop getting network signals.They told me it was getting old and it was time to upgrade after only swapping out my sim card. I was left without calling/ network capabilities for a few weeks till I went home to use my older s3. my s3 worked just fine. I ordered my phone on 2/28 and still waiting for it to even ship. Order notifications first said it would ship on 3/3-3/4. Then it said 3/7-3/8. Earlier on today I checked again and you guessed it: "may ship 3/9-3/12".All while at the same time I told my uncle to switch from verizon to t-mobile, where as both my uncle and aunt bought the s7; their phones are going to be shipped along the same days as mine (I had they forward their email notifications to me)! This is ridiculous.

I've been using t-mobile for well over a decade only to be abandoned on the road and have salt rubbed on my wounds. Great costumer service. Amazing.

I better get my phone before launch date, and more precisely, a few days before my relatives get theirs.