i cannot send text

solannie3000

i am recieving text how ever the text i send are not sending. help

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: i cannot send text

Howdy solannie3000 and thanks for using our forum.

Are you getting any error messages when you send a text? Is this happening with a specific number or numbers?

• magenta1317030

I am having the same issue did you find a resolution?

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there magenta1317030 .

What's happening when you try sending texts? Are you getting an error? Is this just happening with one specific number? Any details you can give us about what's happening exactly will help us point you in the right direction. Thanks.

• magenta1317030

It is to everyone, regardless of carrier. T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, Consumer

Cellular, etc.

It says sending for some time then it errors out. It has a red ! in a red

triangle and it places a box that say "retry" beneath the text. I have

confirmed that they are NOT received by the recipients as well. Pressing

"retry" yields the same results.

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm. Do you have a lot of messages stored to the phones memory? If so, can you try clearing some out, restarting the phone, and trying again?

• magenta1317030

No, even if i did the multiple factory resets and receiving a new phone

would have wiped it out.

This is everything that I have done (many repeatedly):

Restarted my phone

cleared system cache

cleared message app cache & data

verified my service center number is +12063130004

verified my memory is not full (not even close)

complete factory resets

spent days with no additional apps on the phone

tried 3rd party SMS apps

received a NEW phone

received a NEW SIM card

• tmo_mike_c

Wow! You've done a troubleshooting. Kudos for everything you've already tried. What's surprising to me is that the new SIM card and phone didn't help. Have you tested the SIM in a completely different phone other than the old phone and the replacement phone you got?

• magenta1317030

The odd this is the new SIM card worked for the longest period. I had almost 12 hours before it stopped working again. They are working on the towers in my area, so I thought that may be it but the others on my plan are not having this issue.

I was going to try the SIM card in another phone but since tech support did not seem to think the new one was bad. I will try that tonight.

I changed to Network Mode to WCDMA only and so far so good (knock on wood). it has been almost a full day without an issue.

• tmo_mike_c

Again, you've done an amazing job with the steps you've already tried. Thanks for keeping us posted. I feel like testing the SIM one of your other phones is still a good idea if this issue is still happening.  Going a full day without this issue is awesome! I did knock on wood for you, but I wanted to make sure this issue was resolved. Can you give us an update on this? Thanks!