High Battery Drain from Cell Standby After Android 6.0 Upgrade

hipnhealth

Hi,

This week I updated my phone to Android 6.0 using the LG Bridge. Now that my LG G4 is on Android 6.0, I experience a high Cell Standby battery drain. It is using 43% of the battery when off. Before the upgrade, my phone would register very low numbers for cell standby. Is it a bug with the new OS or is there something I missed to reduce this battery drain problem?

All replies

• You may need to backup files and factory reset. Make sure not to check the auto restore app and data on backup.  You want to download fresh app installs and not restore old app data and settings. I did not have this issue myself when updating on Feb 4 via LG Bridge but it has happened in my G2 via OTA method.

• hipnhealth

I tried resetting the phone as suggested but it still didn't work. I still was seeing cell standby greater than 40%. What seemed to work was to select no for Keep WiFi on when the screen is off. And check marking Switch to mobile data. Now cell standby is in the single digits like before the Android 6.0 update. Thanks for the help.

To: hipnhealth <hipnhealth@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:40 AM

Subject:  - High Battery Drain from Cell Standby After Android 6.0 Upgrade

T-Mobile Support Community

High Battery Drain from Cell Standby After Android 6.0 Upgrade

created by snn_555 in LG G4 - View the full discussionYou may need to backup files and factory reset. Make sure not to check the auto restore app and data on backup.  You want to download fresh app installs and not restore old app data and settings. I did not have this issue myself when updating on Feb 4 via LG Bridge but it has happened in my G2 via OTA method.  Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support Start a new discussion in LG G4 by email or at T-Mobile Support Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|