Multiple devices feature

ewcrewcr

Hello I would like to know more ab this service sharing one line  multiple devices i have an iPhone 6plus

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Multiple devices feature

I'd like to help give you more info about this feature ewcrewcr but I want to make sure we're on the same page. Where did you see this feature? Do you have more specifics on what it's supposed to do?

• tidbits

It allows you to have 1 number for your phone tablet and/or wearable. I don't think you guys rolled it out yet.

• claytron

Hey Mike -

I have the same question. I see the "Multiple Devices" offered as an (one of the very few) options for my Pay As You Go plan.

But cannot find anything else anywhere on your main sales website, nor on support, so come here to ask: What is it? How can I try it out?

• tmo_mike_c

Hey claytron and thanks for using the support forum!

This feature is feature allows you to use services like making and receiving calls on multiple devices. You'd need Apple devices to use this feature. There's a section on Apple's support page that talks about how to set it up. Check out the screenshot that shows Allow Calls on Other Devices. It'll show you what I'm talking about.

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

• claytron

Thanks, tmo_mike_c!

I sure do NOT have an Apple device as my Pay As I Go, Voice and Text Only device!

So it is curious (and a bit frustrating) that the Multiple Devices option showed up when I was logged on and reviewing my particular handset feature options. I have your very basic Kyocera Rally - Certified Pre-Owned.

But now that I just looked again, that Multiple Devices option is no longer showing up. If that is through your actions - Thanks, and Congratulations! You are really taking care of business.

So OK, then, this is not for us common folk who don't use iPhones or iPads or iWhatevers.

Now I know!

• tmo_mike_c

I hope I haven't crushed your dreams or anything like that. If it's any consolation, I'm not using an iPhone either. (Does that include me in the "common folk" crowd? )

I believe there was a comment when I logged in that mentions using a supported device. The thing is that Apple products use it.

• cmg0

Well, you crushed MY dreams. I have a Galaxy S7 and a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition (still a really nice tablet despite having been abandoned by Samsung). I have been waiting since I first heard this was coming - last October* - and just stumbled on the "multiple devices" setting in the profile section of My T-Mobile. It allowed me to enable the feature for the Galaxy S7, but then I was crushed to get "multiple Devices cannot be enabled for this line."

I found this post by Googling "T-Mobile multiple devices," hoping to find some documentation on the feature and perhaps a supported devices list. You say only Apple devices are supported, but in my profile I was able to turn it on for my new Samsung phone. But I can't test it.

Although the tablet can't make and receive phone calls, it can send and received SMS and MMS. But that feature is pretty useless if I can't share my S7's phone number.

*T-Mobile and Sprint to allow one phone number for multiple devices - CNET

• tmo_mike_c

Oh bummer! I totally didn't mean to crush your dreams. I checked for more updates on this and I haven't gotten any new information about the availability for other phones. Right now, the Android family is gonna have to wait.