Verizon to Tmobile

tit4tat

I have a Samsung SCH-LC11 4G LTE Verizon Wireless Hotspot and wonder if it will work with Tmobile. I talked to a tech a few days ago and was told it would, so I bought a sim card and a 6g data plan. I  installed the sim card today, only to find it did not work. I spent hours with Tmobile, Verizon, and Samsung today and each telling me it's the others fault.

Anyone out there help me out or should I just drop the plan? I can't afford to buy another hotspot. HELP!

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Verizon to Tmobile

hypothetically, it may be compatible (I can't find the proper specs).

Some carriers are evil and make some code change so their devices don't fully work on another network.  It's plausible that some of the APN settings are hardcoded for VZW so it won't work (ATT has something with the APN that makes MMS not possible on some devices.  VZW has a couple devices that have some oddity.

Best I can suggest is make sure the APN settings are correct for T-Mobile.

• tit4tat

Thanks for your response. Talked to tech again today with no avail. Canceling. I'm on Verizon, I'll stick with it.

• smplyunprdctble

In at least 95% of cases with BYOD, if things don't work out of the box, T-Mobile tech support will throw their hands up in the air.  Simply because they don't have knowledge of every device.

...Of course, if it takes more than popping a SIM in, the customer will generally throw their hands up in the air as well.

There may be a setting hiding somewhere, but unless you manage to find those chosen few who may have brought the same device over, it will be difficult for average folk to know what needs done.