425-442-3246

What are the settings to 'download media content' in text threads? People send me pictures but they never arrive. I've heard the APN needs to be set correctly - what is that, epc or fast? Also what about the proxy server fields? Running Windows Phone 7.8 on a Lumia 900. I believe this phone is "supported" (the 925 is).

All replies

• e2k

Re: Nokia Lumia doesn't download pictures via SMS

Your phone is compatible, although it can only receive 1 of the 3 LTE bands that TMO uses (band 4).

Proxy should be left blank. You should use fast for LTE, otherwise you epic. If you can create multiple APN profiles, you can switch between the two and compare results.

APN Settings

Name: T-Mobile

APN: epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices)

Proxy: <Not set>

Port: <Not set>

Username: <Not set>

Password: <Not set>

Server: <Not set>

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS proxy: <Not set>

MMS port: <Not set>

MMS protocol: WAP 2.0

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Authentication type:<Not set>

APN type: <Not Set> OR Internet+MMS (depending on software version)

• sneakymoose

Re: Nokia Lumia doesn't download pictures via SMS

It should work properly once you have the setup the way e2k posted, especially the correct Internet APN and MMS address.

There were multiple versions of the Lumia 925, including one version that was T-Mobile branded. The "branding" means that the T-Mobile logo is literally printed on the device. Also, it came in a T-Mobile box with a T-Mobile SIM card, and has T-Mobile software pre-installed in it.

Lumia 900 was never designed to be fully compatible with T-Mobile's network, but you ought to get reasonable connectivity from it once you have the Internet and MMS settings configured properly.