cupcakeful

let me know what is covered under accidental damage

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Virtually anything.

Dropping it in the toilet.

Running over it with a car.

It being mistaken for a baseball in the world series.

I don't think they have many rules to determine if it was an accident or intentional.

The key is you have a deductible with your insurance in order to get a refurbished device and you have to return the broken device.

• tidbits

Re: What is covered under accidental damage

If the story seems fake or seems like intentional they do deny claims. For example I has seen a few people denied for simply throwing their phones on the ground in a fit of rage.

• smplyunprdctble

tidbits wrote:

If the story seems fake or seems like intentional they do deny claims. For example I has seen a few people denied for simply throwing their phones on the ground in a fit of rage.

In that case, it fell out of my shirt pocket as I leaned over the railing to see if I could get as far over as Michael Jackson did when dangling that child!

I'm sure it does depend on the story.  But just about any real story could get an accidental version of it.

...except those stupid YouTube videos where they will throw things about and set them on fire.  Those, I don't think could get an accidental story.

• tidbits

My favorite was when I was in college I dated this woman her parents disliked me(they were honestly racist). I had bought her a new phone like 3 weeks prior. She got into a fight with her parents when we were at the beach. I never seen a phone (hello kitty imported iPhone from Japan paid $1100) fly so far into the ocean. Never did see it again. We are still good friends today and have a good laugh.