georatm

Hello everyone, every time I use my M9 to upload HD videos to youtube its impossible for me to view them in HD. I am only given the option to watch my uploaded videos in 480p resolution or less on my M9. When i use my macbook pro I am all of a sudden able to view in HD and 4k. This also happened with my G4 when i tried to view videos I uploaded with that device. In general youtube has also been very laggy even when my internet speed should be good enough to stream without interruption.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Youtube Problems

Greetings!

It sounds like you may have your Binge On enabled!

You can learn more about Binge On here Binge On Binge On how-tos The how-to's will give you the instructions on how to disable!

-Lauren

• georatm

No, I have actually disabled BingeOn, I forgot to mention that in my post. I don't think this has anything to do with BingeOn, I am aware of the service but I have an unlimited plan so I turned it off, I only use about 10gigs a month and probably less now since my M9 battery dies in like 4 hours if i watch videos.

• tmo_lauren

If you're confident it's not a Binge On issue, then we will want to take a closer look at your account directly.

We would want you to contact us directly when you get the chance! You can reach us online through FB and Twitter, dial in, or use our live chat!

Contact Us | T-Mobile Support 

• georatm

I called HTC and T-Mobile customer support and both have been no help. I've been told its an issue with the app but how does that help at all? I'm still stuck watching 480p videos instead of HD.

• tidbits

If it is an issue with the app then you need to bring it up with the developer.

If both HTC and T-Mobile has done everything they can then it has to be the app itself.

As for the devices I own Google has limited what I can view. For example my XZ5 Premium can view 4K content but the app itself will not let view anything past 1080. My 5X sometimes won't display anything above 720P regardless of BingeOn or on Wi-Fi.

• georatm

The app developer has done nothing, I've reported the issue from the app itself but YouTube has done nothing to address the problem. YouTube is so inconsistent and load times have been terrible as of late.