kevin1001

Hello

I bought this nanosim w/adapter activation  kit online .I  installed in ipad to activate and i got this pop up message " We're sorry  You have switched your sim card between devices.so yo will need to mange your account through my t mobile or manage acct app.once you have replaced original simcard for this device you may resume managing you acct. through on device account maintenance" I could not go further.my ipad version A1490  MF069LL/A

thanks,

kevin

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: can't activate 200 mb for life

Greetings!

We'll see what we can do to figure this out! Did you already activate the SIM kit? It sounds like you activated the kit as a phone and not a mobile broadband device, and now it thinks the SIM needs to be put back into a phone.

-Lauren

• kevin1001

iI though I bought sim for tablet  is there different sim I should be using and that is not already activated for iPad? I do not have phones.i though I should be activate the  sim  in iPad  through  cellular with wifi off. But im keep get the message that I switched sim between devices.when I try to go through setting/cellular//-account to set up mobile plan.

thank

kevin

• kevin1001

problem solved I bought   another sim card.insert sim card reboot turn wifi off under view account and follow on screen instruction set user and password  stuff and got my 200mb FDFL

• tmo_lauren

Thanks for the update and we are glad you were able to get it resolved!

-Lauren

• chaidp

Hi,

I'm having the same problem while trying to sign up for  the 200 mb for life on my ipad mini.  I purchased (2) 3-in-1 sim starter kits and also get the message, "We're sorry...  You have switched your SIM card between devices, so you will need to mange your account through My T-mobile or the Myaccount app.  Once you have replaced original SIM card for this device, you may resume managing you account through on-device account maintenance"

I tried both sims with the same results.  Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-PC

• sergeyskoten

problem solved I bought another sim card.insert sim card reboot turn wifi off under view account and follow on screen instruction set user and password stuff and got my 200mb FDFL

thanks for sharing!