georatm

I find that this phone has terrible battery life overall. I'm not a power user and I'm a battery saving guru for the most part. Even with the HTC power saved mode the battery lasts about 7-8 hours on minimal use. Nothing seems to be working to fix the issue. Even on extreme power saver saver mode the battery still drain quickly.

All replies

• olumido123

Re: Poor battery life

Same here having the same issues

• georatm

I was using the watchespn app today and my battery was at 16% after about only 3 and a half hours of use, this is just terrible, T-Mobile where are you at? No help here or what?

• smplyunprdctble

georatm wrote:

I was using the watchespn app today and my battery was at 16% after about only 3 and a half hours of use, this is just terrible, T-Mobile where are you at? No help here or what?

That's normal.

Remember, battery life consists of powering the screen, running apps, and maintaining a cell connection.  The screen is actually the most battery intensive application.

Streaming video for 3.5 hours sounds pretty good to me.  I don't think I can get that long playing Candy Crush.

You can see what % of your battery is being used by which app in the Battery Stats of your phone.  I'd wager like 65% is probably Display, and 30% is watchespn and cell and the rest being other random apps.

• georatm

It wasn't for 3.5 hours straight, I had the phone in my pocket too at times cause I was at work. The battery on the m9 on a good day lasts me about 10 hours and never anything more. Horrendous if you ask me, not acceptable for a phone I purchased just in December

• smplyunprdctble

I'd point you back to the battery monitor.

Based on history in the forums, there's a 97% chance it's something installed on your phone that's the problem.  The other 2% is bad battery.

Things you've mentioned suggests it's something you're doing [e.g. apps] and not the battery.