mtpelepele

Any word on when TMo will get the BlackBerry Priv?

All replies

• gramps28

Re: BlackBerry Priv

Looks like they are expected to ship Nov.6.

BlackBerry Priv pre-orders are live, price set at $699 » TmoNews

• mtpelepele

Unfortunately, that's only buying direct from BlackBerry.  I haven't seen any word yet on when T-Mobile might get it.

• gramps28

It looks like no carrier is scheduled right now to carrier it according to the

last paragraph of the article so if you want it right away you will need to get

it from RIM.

One other detail that’s worth noting is that while no carriers have announced plans to offer the BlackBerry Priv directly, BlackBerry CEO John Chen previously said that he’s working with all of the major carriers on the launch of the device. Additionally, a leak from back in August claimed that the Priv (then known by its “Venice” codename) would be part of T-Mobile’s lineup. For now we’ll just have to wait and see if T-Mobile does indeed announce plans to carry the Priv.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: BlackBerry Priv

The is no "correct answer" yet, because now both AT&T and Verizon have announced this device.  The funny thing is Verizon's network isn't compatible with the device that was announced, yet they beat T-Mobile to the punch with announcing the device.  T-Mobile please announce this device and don't respond with the usual "bring your own device."  Whats the point in me having Jump if I can't use it to get the device I want to use?

• tidbits

Well the last answer was BEFORE the others announced they were carrying it. Verizon just announced it like last night.

• Re: BlackBerry Priv

I have not joined the JUMP program, because of the instability of their relationship with Blackberry.  I was hoping to see an option to upgrade my Q10 phone to the PRIV, but they are not showing it...Right now, the only Blackberry option available is the Classic.  This needs to change or many of us will be switching companies.

• aiharkness

I only know what I read. Still, I expect T-Mobile will carry the PRIV. 

For what it's worth, T-Mobile is very accommodating to BYOD. I bought a Passport direct and don't regret it, not even the loss of wifi calling.  Assuming there is a PRIV version that works on T-Mobile, it's an option.

• misterdataman

The Blackberry PRIV will arrive on 1/26/16 and will cost $719.  You can get it through all of the JUMP programs and depending if it is 18 months or 24, your monthly payment will be $30 or $34 a Month, respectively.